IGNORED

Pearce and his awkward feet....???

reformed_red

Think he's been a top player for us off the pitch. However....

is is it just me, or does he have a very unusual stance? His feet seem to both point outward, and he has an unusual running technique. When he's in the ball, he looks a bit awkward to me??

Yesterday, a couple of times in the first half, it looked as if Pack, Williams and Ayling all avoided giving him the ball with simple passes, as they would usually with Flint / Baker. I wonder if there is a question mark over his technique / stance? 

Anyone else noticed or just me...???

I agree entirely with your comments & we discussed this after the match.

To be fair Pearce didn't have a bad game, but he just doesn't give you the same confidence levels of Baker or Flint. He looks penguin like & for me the best defenders have great balance & fleet footed-ness. He's not a player I would be looking to sign .

Some good strong tackles but did loose Wells a few times and we were lucky he didn't punish us to be honest. Rather comfortable though so I would be happy if we signed him on a perminent, good experience and good talking throughout the game. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I would sign him...experienced championship defender.

Me too. I was impressed particularly yesterday. Is Baker enough of an improvement to justify the wage and fee in excess of Pearce, absolutely not imo. 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s neat

:)....That's right

(reckon its time to go retro with the old seventies style waist/wrist football scarves again, ,and while we're at it how about the old BS3 postcoded t/shirts and vests ? ...be fun to see those resurrected again when football returns in a hopefully sunny August... worn by a new generation of fans who missed all the fun first time around (because most of 'em weren't even born then) .

New stadium, same post code, same Gate - that's neat, that's right! :)

Most athletes/sports players, have slightly bandy legs as the natural standing position then puts the feet in line with shoulders. Gives better balance.

Bandy legs are more prevalent in males whereas most women have knock knees.

Those with feet that point outwards, may not be so well balanced, not run so quickly? But it should not be a hindrance for someone like Pearce who has played at Premier and international level.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Most athletes/sports players, have slightly bandy legs as the natural standing position then puts the feet in line with shoulders. Gives better balance.

Bandy legs are more prevalent in males whereas most women have knock knees.

Those with feet that point outwards, may not be so well balanced, not run so quickly? But it should not be a hindrance for someone like Pearce who has played at Premier and international level.

FACT ????

:whistle2:

P.S. Are you a doctor or just a leg man?

:smartass:

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

Me too. I was impressed particularly yesterday. Is Baker enough of an improvement to justify the wage and fee in excess of Pearce, absolutely not imo. 

To be honest I think that is all academic anyway.

Chances of Baker signing permanently for us, about 1%, chances of Pearce probably 50/50, hence it makes far more sense for LJ to have a look at him in the last two games.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

To be honest I think that is all academic anyway.

Chances of Baker signing permanently for us, about 1%, chances of Pearce probably 50/50, hence it makes far more sense for LJ to have a look at him in the last two games.

I know there`s every chance we could all be `Baldocked` and there`s a lot of wishful thinking involved but FWIW I think Tomlin, Pearce and Matthews will be at City next season.

Archived