IGNORED

Pearce and his awkward feet....???

reformed_red

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I know there`s every chance we could all be `Baldocked` and there`s a lot of wishful thinking involved but FWIW I think Tomlin, Pearce and Matthews will be at City next season.

Me too.

5 hours ago, 29AR said:

Me too. I was impressed particularly yesterday. Is Baker enough of an improvement to justify the wage and fee in excess of Pearce, absolutely not imo. 

Yes he is. Baker as much as Tomlin. Throw money at the pair of them

Villa will want a complete rebuild, let them - we'll take Baker at a cut price.

Pearce is a different player anyway, he's right sided, Baker's left sided - for me it's not either or, we could feasibly sign both, or better

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I know there`s every chance we could all be `Baldocked` and there`s a lot of wishful thinking involved but FWIW I think Tomlin, Pearce and Matthews will be at City next season.

Would be ecstatic if we had those all on perms (but not with perms) at the start of next season

9 hours ago, solihull cider red said:

Yes he is. Baker as much as Tomlin. Throw money at the pair of them

Villa will want a complete rebuild, let them - we'll take Baker at a cut price.

Pearce is a different player anyway, he's right sided, Baker's left sided - for me it's not either or, we could feasibly sign both, or better

The fee isn't the issue, it's the wages.

Is Baker really good enough to demand the rumoured £20,000 a week? Personally I don't think so.

He's a good player, but very similar to Flint in regards to kick and head away. Personally I'd rather we went for someone like Maguire, who would probably be on smaller wages. If not then Peace and a young CB like Mawson, combined who would match Bakers wages.

2 hours ago, Selred said:

The fee isn't the issue, it's the wages.

Is Baker really good enough to demand the rumoured £20,000 a week? Personally I don't think so.

He's a good player, but very similar to Flint in regards to kick and head away. Personally I'd rather we went for someone like Maguire, who would probably be on smaller wages. If not then Peace and a young CB like Mawson, combined who would match Bakers wages.

Agree that there's definitely a question mark over his wages and what he could bring - in the current trends though, defenders that kick and head everything are very fashionable (for want of a better word)

Having players like Pack, Bryan and potentially Tomlin dropping so deep to pick the ball up, a 'ball playing centre half' isn't as necessary as a couple of years ago... anything fancy can happen on the half way line

I'm not as clued up on the other options so I guess there are definitely players on lower wages that could quite effectively do what we need them to

Archived