IGNORED

Bedford 16-45 Bristol

RedM

12 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

Amazing....  Can I post the nfl scores on this forum also?

If you feel the need to and it generates discussion and interest why not. I just thought as we share the owner and the stadium with them as well as being the cities rugby club people might like to know. If of course there is no interest the thread will drop like a stone and we can all  carry on debating hashtags, Hopsey's  socks and who called who what from which stand. 

10 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

Amazing....  Can I post the nfl scores on this forum also?

I love how unnecessarily annoyed people get when Bristol Rugby news gets posted on here.. I think it can be guessed from the title what the topic is about so just skip past it! 

4 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

I'm being finickity.  C'mon Bris.  Apologies.

I've started a thread especially for you. Looking forward to an interesting and informative discussion as I know nothing about NFL, but I'm willing to learn and don't close my mind to other sports.

15 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

It's a football forum.

No, you cannot own more than one nfl team, however there are two teams in New York, the Jets and the Giants.  

It's Bristol Rugby FOOTBALL Club and this is a Football Forum. By the same token you should also be fine for American, Aussie Rules and Gaelic Football. Always happy to hear Bristol doing well - all more publicity, interest, people and money coming to Ashton Gate...

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I've started a thread especially for you. Looking forward to an interesting and informative discussion as I know nothing about NFL, but I'm willing to learn and don't close my mind to other sports.

If you'd like to know more, there are a few threads in the "non football" forum you could have a look at.  There are quite a few American football fans that use otib, if you have any questions, i'm sure one of us would be happy to help.

Well as the season is pretty much finished and there are a lot less threads in the summer I thought I would promote the rugby in the main body of the forum for the reasons stated earlier. In fairness I have no objection if nfl gets the same exposure if there is indeed enough interest. 

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as Bedford can't even get promoted if they win, it just sums up how weird the rugby playoffs are.

You're right it's madness. If Bedford were to win the playoff final then no one would get promoted and London Irish would get a reprieve that they don't deserve. Thankfully it looks like that won't happen......probably

Thanks Red M for posting the score- I'd forgotten to check their result so a good reminder. Excellent result. Hopefully the final then promotion beckons this time.

Also, good to see Bristol City Women winning 2-0 against Watford Ladies today to go back to the top of WSL2.

Things are not going too badly in the BS stable currently.

9 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

You're right it's madness. If Bedford were to win the playoff final then no one would get promoted and London Irish would get a reprieve that they don't deserve. Thankfully it looks like that won't happen......probably

Don`t know much about rugger so how come Bedford can`t go up? Ground not up to standard or something?

Bedford were never going to be an issue.  It looks like Doncaster and Bristol may well contest the final. If they do then I hope we go for home second leg. Those players like Lam and Henson out injured could be handy if fit come then.. 

Bottlerssssss.

There... Someone had to say it to get it out there. I am not superstitious and after about 5 attempts and failures if all they cling to is not to tempt fate then they truly are doomed to fail again. 

This IS their year. 

And they are gonna do it in some style.

12 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Bedford were never going to be an issue.  It looks like Doncaster and Bristol may well contest the final. If they do then I hope we go for home second leg. Those players like Lam and Henson out injured could be handy if fit come then.. 

Confirmed on BS site that if Bristol get to the final the second leg is at AG on Wednesday 25th May. 

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/pack-the-gate-with-two-for-one-play-off-bundle/15256

34 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Second leg of semi v Bedford is next Sunday at 3.15.

Final v Doncaster or Yorkshire 1st leg away on Wed 18 May and home leg Wed 25 May at The Gate.

Plenty of us in South Stand have dual ST's so the red shirt / red and white scarf now gets the annual wash and it's on with the navy and white from next week.

Come on Bris! 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

If you feel the need to and it generates discussion and interest why not. I just thought as we share the owner and the stadium with them as well as being the cities rugby club people might like to know. If of course there is no interest the thread will drop like a stone and we can all  carry on debating hashtags, Hopsey's  socks and who called who what from which stand. 

But the burning question is, can I use my food vouchers at the rugby too?

;)

Archived