IGNORED

Bedford 16-45 Bristol

RedM

I dont mean to be rude but if SL didnt own them this would have no relevance at all. I appreciate that some of our fans are also rugby fans ( I also watch the internationals) but this has nothing to do with Bristol City what so ever.

Is this a thread about rugger? Yes, ok.

Gavin Henson needs to bulk up a bit/could do with losing a few pounds/go out on loan to Plymouth/I don't get the love in on here (but then I'm a heterosexual, red bloodied kinda guy)/he gets an easy ride on here because he is Welsh and or was on Strictly/he's going to Everton/he thinks he's it/I will boo if Bris bugger it up again.....

2 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

You're right it's madness. If Bedford were to win the playoff final then no one would get promoted and London Irish would get a reprieve that they don't deserve. Thankfully it looks like that won't happen......probably

Is that right?! Unbelievable! I don't get this rugby lark but that seems ridiculous! What's the point?!

6 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

If promoted, will the big screens be added as that's a requirement!!

Going to stick my neck out and say if it is a requirement, yes.

If only there was somewhere in the corners of the new design that looked like they could accommodate such a thing...

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is that right?! Unbelievable! I don't get this rugby lark but that seems ridiculous! What's the point?!

That's not specific to Rugby though, teams at the lower reaches of the football league have to meet certain ground and finance standards before they can be promoted.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's not specific to Rugby though, teams at the lower reaches of the football league have to meet certain ground and finance standards before they can be promoted.

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying, didn't realise it was due to finance and ground etc. Pretty pointless having a team in the play offs who can't go up though?!

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It does make you wonder how some cope. I was watching Braintree on BT Sport yesterday and they`re in the Conference play offs but looking at their ground I can`t see for the life of me how it can be up to league standard (although, I think it is a Conference requirement that all grounds have to be). Also, when the gas played at Trumpton, wasn`t it the case that if Bath ever got in the league, the ground wouldn`t be allowed to stage league football even though the gas were doing that in league 1?

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We get the screens as part of a deal by the supplier...providing that Bristol get promoted. 

If not we pay the going rate. 

1 minute ago, Charliesboots said:

We get the screens as part of a deal by the supplier...providing that Bristol get promoted. 

If not we pay the going rate. 

Interesting. If they did come as a deal though, would we be allowed to use them for football or would it be restricted to just the rugby?

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Interesting. If they did come as a deal though, would we be allowed to use them for football or would it be restricted to just the rugby?

Both, along with a number of others being provided around the concourses. 

Commercial sense to get someone else to front up. 

3 hours ago, Aizoon said:

When Bristol Sport buys up the Chicago Bears, yes. :whistle2:

Having seen the Fire play at Soldier Field, before their move to their new stadium, any connection with Chicago would be most welcome! Saw Fire v. San José Earthquake on the Saturday then the Sox v. Mariners in the Sox's World Series winning season the next day (shame they lost that match though!) 

absoluetly fantastic city for a piss up, bumped into a lad from Chipping Sodbury in Timmy O'Tooles by Navy pier one night, standard random behaviour  

#MakingChicagoProud 

6 hours ago, howey_ducky said:

It's a football forum.

No, you cannot own more than one nfl team, however there are two teams in New York, the Jets and the Giants.  

Our Welsh friends call rugby football. :thumbsup:

I've no idea why as it doesn't make sense but then they are not the wooliest sheep in the flock.

9 hours ago, harrys said:

Would imagine AG will sell out when Bath & Gloucester come to town

And an unusual chance for some of us supporters from Gloucestershire to experience Ashton Gate from an away fan's perspective - although as its rugger I'm guessing it wouldn't be segregated?

I've got tickets for both semi and final tickets at AG. Can't imagine the second semi next Sunday will be much of a contest with Bristol having such a huge lead.

Hopefully Bristol will actually get through this time.......

35 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

As loaded as SL is he's not loaded enough to buy an NFL team unfortunately, how ever Wally who owns South Glos Rovers is so loaded apparently he could buy the NFL.

And the NBA with the change, no doubt...

Archived