IGNORED

Especially for Howey_Ducky. Post Your NFL Stuff Here

RedM

American Rugby which goes on for 5 hours just to play 1 hour. All the refs wear Toon Army shirts and throw little flags. Each side have a gym going on the sidelines and have around 45 on the bench. They seem to sub each other at will and all the coaches wear dj phones. And Sky, C4 and now the beeb are willing for us to enjoy this too. Personally not on your Nelly.

5 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

American Rugby which goes on for 5 hours just to play 1 hour. All the refs wear Toon Army shirts and throw little flags. Each side have a gym going on the sidelines and have around 45 on the bench. They seem to sub each other at will and all the coaches wear dj phones. And Sky, C4 and now the beeb are willing for us to enjoy this too. Personally not on your Nelly.

It certainly is an acquired taste. 

20 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Genuine question. What is the Wembley game all about? Do they just chose one game at random to play there? Presumably this would be like Man Utd playing a real league game in China to expand coverage?

The NFL are promoting the sport around the world to gain a larger audience.  They Have played at Wembley quite a few times in recent seasons and will also play games at Spurs' new stadium when it's open.  

It helps gather more support for the sport from around the world and there is a lot of talk of a Uk based team happening in a couple of years.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

I believe the old saying "I'd rather eat worms" is appropriate here.

On 01/05/2016 at 17:57, howey_ducky said:

We do have an OTIB fantasy American football league.  Once the season comes around it'll be up and running again.  It had 10 members last season but could be expanded if there are more people interested.

I'm in 4 but could easily add another! I end up picking up all the same free agents in all of them eventually!

Archived