IGNORED

Don't forget to vote!

6 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Hi everyone, just a reminder to not forget to vote in the Bristol mayor election on Thursday. We can't let Mr Speeding Ticket himself George Ferguson get in again

I agree though I'll go one step further. Even if you think every candidate is a cock, please vote by writing ABSTAIN across your ballot paper. Or maybe a fun doodle. Something for the ballot counters to have a giggle over at 10pm...

This way, you will have still exercised your democratic right

1 minute ago, howey_ducky said:

Voting for Marvin Reece condemns this city to mediocrity, ruled by the labour party.  I know, I'm not a fan of George Ferguson either but he's the lesser of two evils.

GF getting this vote too, again as the lesser of evils rather than support.

How any City fan can bring themselves to vote for that man, when he did all he did to stop us getting AV is beyond me. Some people have short memories.

Throwing his toys out the pram and self funding the nimbys campaign to stop the stadium when he wasn't going to get the AG land says it all.

Remember that people. He needs to go. 

8 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Well, it's either him or handing the city entirely over to Labour. Glad I live outside the boundary - that's not a choice it's a dilema.

At least the good people of Bristol get a dilemma.

My vote in North Somerset is effectively worthless, such is the huge majority that expenses fraudster, parliamentary rules-breaker, and millionaire Liam Fox enjoys.

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Please if you can't bring yourself to give your first vote to Marvin, give him your second vote, to ensure GF doesn't sneak in via the backdoor. 

Another 4 years of that man simply cannot happen :( 

Marvin?? Is that Marvin Elliott?

Didn't realise Marv had thrown his hat in the ring.

That's it then, decision made.

Thanks Dolly. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

How any City fan can bring themselves to vote for that man, when he did all he did to stop us getting AV is beyond me. Some people have short memories.

Throwing his toys out the pram and self funding the nimbys campaign to stop the stadium when he wasn't going to get the AG land says it all.

Is Ferguson's attitude to a big Sainsbury's at Ashton Gate really the biggest issue in electing a mayor?

At least GF appears to be delivery a decent concert arena. I can't off hand think of anything good that the Labour group have done in the past 40 years, which has been charactersised by non delivery and colossal waste.

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Perfectly remember it, but it's not influential to how I would want to vote, not in the absolute slightest. The City is bigger than the Club.

12 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

But it all turned out for the best. Don't know about you, but I'm much much happier staying at AG.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Marvellous Marvin won't be getting my vote.

At least you'll vote. Even if it is for Georgie. Many people can't be arsed to even check the abstain box and that gets my goat... I always think of Mrs Pankhurst when I make my mark.

I doff my sun hat to you for at least voting.

20 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Please if you can't bring yourself to give your first vote to Marvin, give him your second vote, to ensure GF doesn't sneak in via the backdoor. 

Another 4 years of that man simply cannot happen :( 

^ This. 

On a side note Marvin was year above me at School and from what I remember was always destined for a life of public service as he was one of the few always volunteering for what seemed to be every cause out there and has continued this for the rest of his life.

I don't necessarily agree with Labours policy or their direction so my vote is for him as he's a decent bloke and I know he has the city's best interests at heart. 

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Looks like there will be a lot of disappointed people on here.

Ferguson is 2/7 on with Ladbrokes.

No other candidates worth considering that's why.

15 minutes ago, Calculus said:

At least GF appears to be delivery a decent concert arena. I can't off hand think of anything good that the Labour group have done in the past 40 years, which has been charactersised by non delivery and colossal waste.

In one of the most congested areas of the city, with no proper parking or fit for purpose alternative, as per his anti car agenda. 

And don't get me started on the RPZ's or blanket 20mph zones. 

20 minutes ago, Calculus said:
5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

In one of the most congested areas of the city, with no proper parking or fit for purpose alternative, as per his anti car agenda. 

And don't get me started on the RPZ's or blanket 20mph zones. 

Is Ferguson's attitude to a big Sainsbury's at Ashton Gate really the biggest issue in electing a mayor?

It's alright though Dolly,it won't be his problem as he lives in Baff.

Archived