IGNORED

Don't forget to vote!

31 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Looks like there will be a lot of disappointed people on here.

Ferguson is 2/7 on with Ladbrokes.

Bear in mind that at the last mayoral election there wasn't a council election at the same time. This time there is and turnout is likely to be significantly different. I still think George will win but if Labour can get their core vote out Marvin definitely has a chance. At the odds being offered today Marv is definitely the best value bet.

Bristol News

23 hrs · 

Remember this when you vote on Thursday - Ferguson sells off the Port land for a fraction of its value to his close Merchant venturer friends, so the Deep Water Port work can start and generate jobs. Then his mates say "sod Bristol" and delay the expansion for another decade

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/…/story-29151…/story.html

2 Comments26 Shares

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

How any City fan can bring themselves to vote for that man, when he did all he did to stop us getting AV is beyond me. Some people have short memories.

Throwing his toys out the pram and self funding the nimbys campaign to stop the stadium when he wasn't going to get the AG land says it all.

Remember that people. He needs to go. 

Vote for whoever you want to vote for

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

At least the good people of Bristol get a dilemma.

My vote in North Somerset is effectively worthless, such is the huge majority that expenses fraudster, parliamentary rules-breaker, and millionaire Liam Fox enjoys.

The same man who took his special advisor on his honeymoon along with his wife.

Anyway - back to Bristol. A labour clone will do zero for the city. At least GF has some new ideas.

23 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

have no idea about any of this and  am not bothered either way, the only thing anyone has told me about Marv is that he wants to get rid of lap dancing bars

Seriously? I had him down as my first choice as well. Might need a re-think.

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Looks like there will be a lot of disappointed people on here.

Ferguson is 2/7 on with Ladbrokes.

Yep and guess why?

Labour really think their best hope is someone who has never held elected office in his life and lost last time.

Bristol should be a Labour shoe in, their arrogance and incompetence means it won't be...

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep and guess why?

Labour really think their best hope is someone who has never held elected office in his life and lost last time.

Bristol should be a Labour shoe in, their arrogance and incompetence means it won't be...

I'm curious as to why would not holding an elected office before be a problem?

5 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I'm curious as to why would not holding an elected office before be a problem?

You are running one of the biggest Cities in England, perhaps it might be a good idea to have had say, a previous minister (like Dawn Primarolo) who actually has experience of making these type of decisions?

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You are running one of the biggest Cities in England, perhaps it might be a good idea to have had say, a previous minister (like Dawn Primarolo) who actually has experience of making these type of decisions?

Agree with your point to a degree however a "fresh" candidate brings no baggage, something the large majority of politicians have plenty of. 

In addition because he hasn't had experience doesn't mean he's unable to make an important decision.  

3 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

Vote for whoever you want to vote for

This. But most importantly make sure you do vote and choose a second option as well.  Anyone who moans in the next four years about whoever wins who hasn't voted yet had the right has no voice. The turnout last time was pathetic. Let's see everyone come out and vote for once.

Well this didn't go the way I was expecting. I'm surprised that GF still has some support amongst City fans considering all he did to scupper Ashton Vale, the ridiculous 20 mph zones and RPZs. Even the arena he's so called going to get built is in a completely ridiculous location and will cause traffic chaos. We could have had an arena on the Ashton Vale site with a lot better transport links, but that doesn't suit his agenda.

Right, I'll get off my soapbox now

8 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Well this didn't go the way I was expecting. I'm surprised that GF still has some support amongst City fans considering all he did to scupper Ashton Vale, the ridiculous 20 mph zones and RPZs. Even the arena he's so called going to get built is in a completely ridiculous location and will cause traffic chaos. We could have had an arena on the Ashton Vale site with a lot better transport links, but that doesn't suit his agenda.

I think the reasoning it hasn't gone the way you expected it is not due to people wanting to vote for Ferguson, but the only real alternative being from labour.  Labour have had enough time on the council to sort many problems out and they've failed left, right and centre. 

I'm not sure that even the most deeply ingrained labour voters could justify voting for a labour candidate in any election right now.  

6 hours ago, howey_ducky said:

I think the reasoning it hasn't gone the way you expected it is not due to people wanting to vote for Ferguson, but the only real alternative being from labour.  Labour have had enough time on the council to sort many problems out and they've failed left, right and centre. 

I'm not sure that even the most deeply ingrained labour voters could justify voting for a labour candidate in any election right now.  

I would .

As its turned out, personally I'm happier staying at Ashton Gate than moving to the Vale.  New Gate is 100% better than a new stadium with zerohistory 

in a way I'm happy that it all went wrong, just a shame it too so long to all happen.

Hate Ferguson but dislike the Labour Party even less.

No candidates worthy of my vote, I'll vote Ferguson because at least things have progressed in Bristol under him.

34 minutes ago, Bowie said:

As its turned out, personally I'm happier staying at Ashton Gate than moving to the Vale.  New Gate is 100% better than a new stadium with zerohistory 

in a way I'm happy that it all went wrong, just a shame it too so long to all happen.

No candidates worthy of my vote, I'll vote Ferguson because at least things have progressed in Bristol under him.

You can always mark the no vote box. That way you don't necessarily have to vote GF but still exercise your right to vote.

1 hour ago, Bowie said:

I would argue that things have only progressed if you live in the north, centre or south Bristol. Absolute bugger all has changed for us in the East and I suspect the same in the West. The metro bus is ridiculous! The north to south bus routes are all ready a million times better then ours in the East. Add in the 20mph, RPZ and the arena which is going to cuase traffic chaos and this guy hasn't done much to improve the city. Left his mark, absolutely but improved it, I'm not so sure. I would personally rather have labour in charge then GF's Bristol First (isn't it funny he named his "independent party" after the bus company in bristol)

8 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

And on RPZ's Marvin Rees said 'I have spoken with local businesses and local residents and' (paraphrasing now) I have decided what it needs is more talking (a consultation). :facepalm:

Re the Arena it will always cause traffic chaos. Cardiff has it no different with the Motorpoint. AV works well for those who are driving, the current site is accessible to both drivers (who can park in the city centre and take a 20 min stroll alongside disabled bays on the arena site - although I agree more should be provided) and public transport users incl train users, and is walking distance for many more than AV would have been. It's a fine balance between the two and there are pros and cons between both. 

Shame people are so ant-Tory in Bristol, can't help think they might actually get things done. We have had Labour for too long, Lib dems screwed up when they had a chance and Fergie... mehhh.

Anyway the voting system we have for Mayors is crap as well.

The fact he can't account for where he spent the millions given to us when we were awarded green capital is a scandal in itself. He's been stalling on publishing the accounts for that for far too long  

Its also laughable that we were even awarded green capital given we're one of the most congested cities in the country and that the levels of emissions have actually gone up since he introduced the 20mph zones. 

13 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Shame people are so ant-Tory in Bristol, can't help think they might actually get things done. We have had Labour for too long, Lib dems screwed up when they had a chance and Fergie... mehhh.

Anyway the voting system we have for Mayors is crap as well.

Now stop this - you are trying to sound sensible....and on this forum!!

Archived