IGNORED

Top 5 worst moments this season.

Unan

Sorry BlazeyRobins for such a cop out thread. Mine has to be..

1. Reading away, (0-2) panic started to set in.. we can't manage or win a game..
  2. Fulham home, (1-4) right 4 goals in the first half, really starting to worry..
  3. Rotherham away, (3-0), Cotts has to go, things are not looking good one bit..
  4. Preston home, (1-2), lost another game to a team that came up with us..
  5. Cotts departure, nightmare, had to happen but what a guy, couldn't thank him enough.

1 to 5 .. Conceding that late equaliser to Charlton... sucked all the belief out of the ground. Just vanished in an instant. Have never experienced anything like it before at The Gate.

Think that was the point when many realised that the team, formation and, highly regrettably, the manager, were going to have to change. Desperate time.

In this order;

1. Charlton (H) An game we should've won 5-0. They were abject yet we still contrived to lose, would've sacked Cotts then.

Edit: says it all that we drew but I wrote loss, tragic result.

2. Fulham (H) One of the worst defensive displays I have seen, Ayling gives a pub League positional performance. 

3. Rotherham (A) Woeful performance vs fellow struglers. 

4. Bolton (A) I was cold and wet and saw a performance by two sides so poor it was below Rover's level. Joe Bryan looked like a toddler when subbed on. 

5. MK Dons (H) It felt inevitable. It was inevitable. Started to doubt Cotts then. 

For me Freeman getting sent off at home to Brentford set the tone of our home form under Cotts. Until he was sent off we were looking like the confident team of season before. We never regained that confidence again 

14 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

For me Freeman getting sent off at home to Brentford set the tone of our home form under Cotts. Until he was sent off we were looking like the confident team of season before. We never regained that confidence again 

I was about to say exactly the same thing. 2 nil up and then...bang.....

28 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

1 to 5 .. Conceding that late equaliser to Charlton... sucked all the belief out of the ground. Just vanished in an instant. Have never experienced anything like it before at The Gate.

Think that was the point when many realised that the team, formation and, highly regrettably, the manager, we're going to have to change. Desperate time.

took the words out of my mouth ! following on from same 94th min leveler with MK

I've been counting down the days until this season has been finally consigned to history. 

Not enjoyed most of it, perhaps I had higher hopes after such an outstanding season last year time out. 

Pretty much the 5 worst points in common on this thread so far I agree with, however the failure of Market Street to transpire has left me most empty. 

Anyway, the last few weeks have given me hope that we will be much more prepared next season. 

No.1 has to be Charlton home. They were shocking and we missed a pen to go 2 up. If we couldn't beat them at home then who could we beat?

2. MK Dons home. 90th minute equaliser.

3. Reading away - 90th minute defeat.

4. Preston home - the feeling Cotterill was never going to turn it around.

5. Bolton away. So poor against a league 1 side.

Charlton's 90th minute equaliser.

MK's 90th minute equaliser.

Reading's 90th minute winner (a theme is developing here).

4-1 defeat to Fulham

Home defeat to PNE - the lowest I felt all season because I couldn't see how we'd escape relegation with points so hard to come by at that time.

My 5 - 

1. charlton home, never seen a game like that but knew it would be 1-1 once Pack missed the penalty.

2. Fulham home. Wow!

3. The disappearance of my food vouchers.

4. The disappearance of my personal account manager. 

5. Oh, plus i spent all season worrying about Sheffield United. 

Only made it back for 3 games.  Had the false dawn of Wolves at home before coming back for Charlton at home then Burnley away.  The latter 2 shitting all over an already miserable Christmas.

I don't know how bad other games got, but could have happily drowned kittens in the Cumberland Basin after Charlton as way of cheering myself up.

Yeah, thinking about it - the Pack penalty rather than the Charlton equaliser was the turning point. I think everyone In the ground just thought 'here we go again'... and Charlton then obliged. 

Agree, Freeman too was a season changing moment and possibly a career one for him. Most odd that one sending off can have such an impact in a team/player's/managers fortunes. 

The Charlton, the MK home games were pretty low, early season Brentford Freeman red when we were well on top- lowest however I reckon was Cunningham Preston winner. Player we had sold in the summer, scoring winner v us for a less resourced newly promoted side. In hindsight, Cotts had to go thereafter, but it was a sad way for it to end.

1. Charlton Home

2. Yeovil friendly. Reason being SC's post match interview bought the reality of us struggling under him this season and his passion had disappeared.

3. Reading Away

4. Rotherham Away

5. Cunningham scoring the winner against us and the whole aftermath with SC being sacked. A bad few days indeed.

4-0 down at home to Fulham at half time, me and my mate just got up and left. First time I'd ever left a game before the final whistle. We were 1- 0 down before we'd even touched the ball, Wilbs was blowing after 20 minutes and Cotterill stood there and did nothing. The main reason why in my opinion that he is not a very good manager is because of his inability to influence a game during the 90 minutes. Completely incapable of reacting tactically  to change a game. 

1. Freemans Sending off against Brentford, shaped our season of struggle.

2. First Half against Fulham

3. Charlton's late equaliser

4. MK's late equaliser

5. Cunningham's winner for Preston. Honestly thought we would go down after that game as anything that could go against us was going against us.

The Charlton equaliser was the absolute pits. Not only did it suck away any confidence I still had in Cotts but it cost me a mobile phone... if you get my drift!

Burnley away the next game was horrible too... Seeing us get demolished with the player we tried to sign in the summer scoring a hat trick was just the worst feeling of irony.

For the other three I'd have to go for Reading at home where it hit home that we were going to be in a relegation dogfight, the Fulham at home shambles and Brighton battering us at home (A team I really dislike so that hurt!)

Archived