IGNORED

Top 5 worst moments this season.

Unan

33 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Everything from the summer through to Feb. That might be a little more than five though!

Well you could say

1 September

2 October

3 November

4 December

5 January

for your 5 :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

The Charlton equaliser was the absolute pits. Not only did it suck away any confidence I still had in Cotts but it cost me a mobile phone... if you get my drift!

Burnley away the next game was horrible too... Seeing us get demolished with the player we tried to sign in the summer scoring a hat trick was just the worst feeling of irony.

For the other three I'd have to go for Reading at home where it hit home that we were going to be in a relegation dogfight, the Fulham at home shambles and Brighton battering us at home (A team I really dislike so that hurt!)

Especially as Charlton were absolute dogshit !

58 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Charlton' equaliser

That was the moment I lost faith in Cotts completely. I was so angry with him. I felt I had supported him, hoping he would sort it out but he didn't/wouldn't/couldn't… 

This looks like being the clear winner, judging by the number of references to it !

Really ruined Christmas, as well !

12 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

This looks like being the clear winner, judging by the number of references to it !

Really ruined Christmas, as well !

it summed up the whole season, up to that point, for me. I can still picture Cotts' head dropping and standing there staring at the ground. 

12 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

1 to 5 .. Conceding that late equaliser to Charlton... sucked all the belief out of the ground. Just vanished in an instant. Have never experienced anything like it before at The Gate.

Think that was the point when many realised that the team, formation and, highly regrettably, the manager, were going to have to change. Desperate time.

Spot on.

We knew Charlton were shit and we knew we had to beat them. 

I've rarely left a match more depressed. 

1 hour ago, Kim_il_sung said:

The Charlton equaliser was the absolute pits. Not only did it suck away any confidence I still had in Cotts but it cost me a mobile phone... if you get my drift!

Burnley away the next game was horrible too... Seeing us get demolished with the player we tried to sign in the summer scoring a hat trick was just the worst feeling of irony.

For the other three I'd have to go for Reading at home where it hit home that we were going to be in a relegation dogfight, the Fulham at home shambles and Brighton battering us at home (A team I really dislike so that hurt!)

The Burnley game was when I finally accepted we would be relegated with Cotts at the helm (I wasn't at the Charlton home game). The entire game was Burnley giving the ball to Joey Barton and him pinging it into the channels left by our wing backs. Cotts did nothing. Sure Burnley are a considerably better team than us... but to not react when EVERYONE in the stadium could see what was happening time and time again was criminal, if there had been a full highlights show you would have thought they were showing the same clip on loop.  Even if Cotts had tweaked it for damage limitation I would have come out feeling a bit more positive.

Only reason it isn't right up with some of the other worst moments is because it was laughable.... In fact I seem to remember us hitting the post right at the death and those of us still there just burst out laughing.

On the plus side 4 pints for £8 in a pub by the station :drunk2:

Archived