IGNORED

Interesting Attendance Stats

brad blit

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Apart from a couple years in the Premier League, they've done absolutely nothing. I'd even say we're bigger than Hull, even the gas would give them a run for their money!

Hull City are tinpot.

Disagree, they're now an established top championship/lower premier league club. Been to an FA cup final and had some top players play for them over the years. We can only dream of being in the position they've been in since fatty fluked that goal against us at Wembley.

5 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Disagree, they're now an established top championship/lower premier league club. Been to an FA cup final and had some top players play for them over the years. We can only dream of being in the position they've been in since fatty fluked that goal against us at Wembley.

Oh and I don't disagree about dreaming to be in their current position with the stadium, parachute payments, better league position etc. It's only been 8 years since all of that though!

However, if you take into the account of the whole clubs history. They've been floating around the 3rd and 4th division for the best part of their history!

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Spot on....due to some sort of health and safety restrictions at the time.

Being the first game the South Stand wasn't fully open, there was a limit on the number of tickets that could be sold in there for that game

Just now, Iron Man said:

Disagree, tHorribleow an established top championship/lower premier league club. Been to an FA cup final and had some top players play for them over the years. We can only dream of being in the position they've been in since fatty fluked that goal against us at Wembley.

Oh come on. That goal was a beauty. Horrible at the time but better that than a scramble

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I realise that but it still indicates that we sold the majority of what was available which is all you can do. I know our percentage will fall next year.

"All you can do" would be selling all our tickets, not the majority.  The fact that we averaged 92% capacity rather than something more like 97-98% suggests to me that our average attendance wouldn't have been that much higher had all four stands been available.  I know there is the issue of single tickets and limited availability for group bookings, but if Derby (for example) only had 15k available it would sell out every week.

I estimate our average would have been around 16k without the limited capacity.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"All you can do" would be selling all our tickets, not the majority.  The fact that we averaged 92% capacity rather than something more like 97-98% suggests to me that our average attendance wouldn't have been that much higher had all four stands been available.  I know there is the issue of single tickets and limited availability for group bookings, but if Derby (for example) only had 15k available it would sell out every week.

92% of a number which is far from confirmed (and fluctuating at the start of the season) capacity.

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

it also takes into account away tickets that aren't sold, so those who didn't bring 1500 fans with them would affect it 

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Cardiff weren't playing well earlier in the season but their fair weather supporters came back as soon they started making a run for the playoffs - 16k between their highest and lowest attendance tells the story.

They gave out 15K of free tickets for their highest I believe 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it also takes into account away tickets that aren't sold, so those who didn't bring 1500 fans with them would affect it 

1400 I think but otherwise, correct. Including: Brentford, MK, Blackburn, Preston, Brighton, Derby, Wolves, Forest, Hull, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Bolton and possibly Ipswich (not sure about Ipswich). At least half failed to take up their full allocation, for various reasons (never going to; midweek game; tv game etc).

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There have been a large number of games which have sold out (in the home end at least) yet the largest attendance is under 15900. 

If it is assumed the actual capacity eas therefore 15900 the ground was on average just over 96% full. Even this would be an underestimate as it doesn't account for the lower capacity for the first fee games or games with low amounts of away fans. 

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Beat me to it Monkeh, judging by the "sold out" messages we keep getting on the official site, the fluctuation has been in away support much more often than home.

13 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

There have been a large number of games which have sold out (in the home end at least) yet the largest attendance is under 15900. 

If it is assumed the actual capacity eas therefore 15900 the ground was on average just over 96% full. Even this would be an underestimate as it doesn't account for the lower capacity for the first fee games or games with low amounts of away fans. 

I'd ignore our maximum capacity this season as it has gone up and down due to elf und safety as well as various other building works,

Next season will be a fair reflection, I believe 18k isn't unreasonable target for avg attendance, we will have some massive games next season, Villa for example that will see 20k+ attend as they are a massive side,

Almost all home games have been sell outs so its not unreasonable to expect another 2 - 3k on top of what we averaged this season, if we go on to have a successful season people will jump on the band wagon for sure,

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Apart from a couple years in the Premier League, they've done absolutely nothing. I'd even say we're bigger than Hull, even the gas would give them a run for their money!

Hull City are tinpot.

I'm not sure there's such a massive difference between the histories of our 2 clubs that you could describe Hull as tinpot but not us, Lew.

2 hours ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Yes, I think the capacity percentage is calculated on number of seats in the ground, not the football capacity taking account of segregation and H&S limits last August and September. So in the home seats we have been well above 92% this season, and pretty much 100% since the Boro game. Demand has outstriped supply here for a team fighting relegation.

2 hours ago, BobbyC said:

Cardiff are giving away 2 free tickets this saturday for each 2016/17 season ticket holder which will mean another full house seeing as Brum have sold their allocation of 2,100..................http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172262&sid=759ac7bbaeecef0a1ec9d88687b334d4

Sounds like the Cardiff fans are well chuffed with this generous gesture:

Clutching at straws stuff by City, nothing to play for so why will people want to bother watching a team with no heart nor soul, motivated by a clueless baldy.

Maybe if these overpaid c**ts put in a shift at Hillsborough to attempt to win the biggest game of their season then I may have ventured but **** that shit, they didn’t turn up, most were already on the beaches in Marbella.

I dont mind them doing the odd offer but this is just short sighted and mugging off paying customers.
This is the 4th free game in a row plus I am sure there were a few bring a mate for a tenner and other offers throughout the season
I am all for the club giving free tickets to children via schools etc but adults can pay just like the rest of us have.
There are people out there that have done 8-10 home games this season at the cost of about 40 quid through all these deals.

Being saying it for years.people got the money if there's decent football to watch.the gutless rubbish we serve up will attract few takers even on a freebie.

Of course people are not happy, its a gesture giving people who do not support the club a freebie via a club supporting fully paid up fan.

To pass that off as some sort of 'Thank You' is quite frankly an insult when there is absolutly nothing in it for the season ticket holder.

They should be paying me to come and watch that game especially after that gutless performance I witnessed in Sheffield

Im all for them giving them to kids mate, give them out to schools for free to your hearts content but I think its taking the piss a bit now out of those fans who have paid. Once or twice bring a friend for 10 quid fair enough but this season has been rudiculous

28 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Interestingly our capacity would still be about 15th out of 24 even with the new stand open.

I make it, at 27k, bigger than:

The three coming up from L1. Plus Preston, Brentford, Hull, QPR, Fulham, Reading, Huddersfield, Rotherham.

So that would be 12th, if Hull stay down (think they might). If Norwich come down, their capacity is 27,200 but crowds are always 26 thousand and something. Not sure if ours will be same, a bit under 27k with segregation.

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I make it, at 27k, bigger than:

The three coming up from L1. Plus Preston, Brentford, Hull, QPR, Fulham, Reading, Huddersfield, Rotherham.

So that would be 12th, if Hull stay down (think they might). If Norwich come down, their capacity is 27,200 but crowds are always 26 thousand and something. Not sure if ours will be same, a bit under 27k with segregation.

Make that 13th/24 

On 5/4/2016 at 09:48, cynic said:

Cardiff weren't playing well earlier in the season but their fair weather supporters came back as soon they started making a run for the playoffs - 16k between their highest and lowest attendance tells the story.

I suppose that every club is cursed with fair weather supporters - some of the Cardiff fans probably felt insulted when the were relegated from the Premier League and have yet to forgive management and the owner!  What terrible people! :shutup:

Archived