IGNORED

Man City

RedRock

What an utter, utter crock of shite that was. Embarrassing. At least try and score, instead of passing backward, sideways any way but forward.

Hopefully, Leicester City will play a bit more of an 'English Style' game next season.

PS these foreign keepers feigning injury in the last 10 minutes. Joke.

19 minutes ago, Rob k said:

How the **** was Sterling Ever worth or ever going to be worth 50m? 

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Utter shite. Sterling 50m is the best piece of business Liverpool have ever done. 

Very harsh to single out Sterling.  At least he tried something. Far from their worst player tonight.  Typical to attack the English player playing before anyone else.

Not knowing the Man City team listening to the radio and hearing all these foreign names, i did not know who was playing for who!  About time we limited the number of  foreign players allowed to play for a club.

Would have had more passion with home grown players.

5 minutes ago, Red said:

Not knowing the Man City team listening to the radio and hearing all these foreign names, i did not know who was playing for who!  About time we limited the number of  foreign players allowed to play for a club.

Man City keep carping on about their academy (nice reference to your avatar there ...) But it has produced jack shit

29 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

What an utter, utter crock of shite that was. Embarrassing. At least try and score, instead of passing backward, sideways any way but forward.

Hopefully, Leicester City will play a bit more of an 'English Style' game next season.

PS these foreign keepers feigning injury in the last 10 minutes. Joke.

Not just foreign keepers. I was watching the last 15 mins or so of an Inter game the other week, possibly against Udinese (not that it really matters), and the number of times the players from both sides went over as if they'd been shot was disgusting. The worst part is, they got a free kick EVERY time.

The thing is because everyone does it, and there are more foreign players in out country, it's becoming the norm. It's a problem that sadly, I don't think will ever go away.

That was poor. When you need one goal in a semi final you have to throw caution to the wind. May as well lose 2-0 going for it than lose 1-0 passing side ways. 

Where was the centre back up front with longs balls being pumped towards them in hope? The goal keeper coming up for a corner? A mad scramble in the box? Sometimes you have to forget the beautiful game and just hit and hope... And the last 10 minutes of a European semi final is one of those times.

Passionless is the word I'd use to describe that preformance and if I was a Manchester city fan I'd be fuming. 

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

Very harsh to single out Sterling.  At least he tried something. Far from their worst player tonight.  Typical to attack the English player playing before anyone else.

That comment wasn't about tonight. More a general observation about the ridiculous state of English football that he could ever be worth that. 

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

I've more interest in the English players, just fail to see how Sterling justified a 50m price tag, 6 goals and 2 assists this season in the PL. 

9 hours ago, Red said:

Do we really think that there would be more "passion" if more players had a British passport? I don't make that connection. I haven't noticed passion taking the England team very far in recent years.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I've more interest in the English players, just fail to see how Sterling justified a 50m price tag, 6 goals and 2 assists this season in the PL. 

No player in the world justifies a £50m price tag, nor 200k a week wages, though a part of me hopes it all continues to inflate at a stupid rate because it will have to crash at some point

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Do we really think that there would be more "passion" if more players had a British passport? I don't make that connection. I haven't noticed passion taking the England team very far in recent years.

"Yeah* i think there would be a lot more passion shown, If more English players were not being forced to go to lower levels or sitting on a bench in the Prem, because of the foreign influx of players. 

24 minutes ago, Red said:

"Yeah* i think there would be a lot more passion shown, If more English players were not being forced to go to lower levels or sitting on a bench in the Prem, because of the foreign influx of players. 

Why should they get a game just because they're English. The best person for a role is the best person regardless of their nationality. 

Blame the FA and those in charge of coaching in England. If the English players were better than their foreign counterparts then they'd be the players in demand.

They're not playing because they're foreign, they're playing because they're better at playing football! 

Add on the 500% 'British Tax' levied on any average British footballer (see exhibit A; Sterling, Raheem), is it any wonder clubs are buying overseas? 

McCormack - £11m - 21 goals

Gray - £9m - 24 goals

Rhodes - £9m - 16 goals

Kodjia - £2m - 19 goals

37 minutes ago, City169 said:

No player in the world justifies a £50m price tag, nor 200k a week wages, though a part of me hopes it all continues to inflate at a stupid rate because it will have to crash at some point

Not sure I quite agree with that. Some players are worth so much economically to clubs that they are quite within their rights to demand huge wages. Take Beckham as a prime example- LA Galaxy claimed that they made enough money to from extra merchandise and ticket sales to pay for the entire duration of his first contract... Whilst Beckham was still playing in Madrid.

Problem is there are far too many players that don't justify £50 a week never mind £50k a week.

2 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Not sure I quite agree with that. Some players are worth so much economically to clubs that they are quite within their rights to demand huge wages. Take Beckham as a prime example- LA Galaxy claimed that they made enough money to from extra merchandise and ticket sales to pay for the entire duration of his first contract... Whilst Beckham was still playing in Madrid.

Problem is there are far too many players that don't justify £50 a week never mind £50k a week.

I don't see any justification for someone to earn what is 10x a years salary for some people, in just week, kicking a ball around a field. 

35 minutes ago, Super said:

Good to see Bale's career progressing well at RM, really good again last night, if only he was English.

He's a great player, I'd say he's now safely in that second tier of world class players (below Ronaldo and Messi) with the likes of Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Aguero etc

Archived