IGNORED

Man City

RedRock

1 hour ago, Red said:

"Yeah* i think there would be a lot more passion shown, If more English players were not being forced to go to lower levels or sitting on a bench in the Prem, because of the foreign influx of players. 

Darn those pesky foreigners, coming over here and nicking all our footballers jobs.

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Hahahahahaha 

This shows a huge lack of understanding of Sterling's ability.  

League one!  Amazing comment.  

Christ this place really needs a sarcasm detector. Clearly I was making an exaggeration to labour the point that if he wasn't insanely fast and English he wouldn't be worth a fraction of his cost. 

See my other post above in relation to 'British Tax' and tell me I'm wrong. Sterling can't finish a sandwich, has poor ball control, poor range and accuracy of passing and no composure, to name but a few of his shortcomings. 

Mahrez for example is a considerably better footballer, if he was English can you imagine what his value would be in this ridiculous market?

If you want more examples of bang average English players going for stupid amounts of money then there's no shortage :) 

29 minutes ago, City169 said:

I don't see any justification for someone to earn what is 10x a years salary for some people, in just week, kicking a ball around a field. 

People pay lots of money to see them kick a ball around a field- That's the justification.

I didn't say it was morally correct - But you can justify it.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Add on the 500% 'British Tax' levied on any average British footballer (see exhibit A; Sterling, Raheem), is it any wonder clubs are buying overseas? 

McCormack - £11m - 21 goals

Gray - £9m - 24 goals

Rhodes - £9m - 16 goals

Kodjia - £2m - 19 goals

Simple supply and demand. Very few decent English players will naturally push the price of them up, even the average ones. Far more decent foreign players who are able to come to England = cheaper.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Simple supply and demand. Very few decent English players will naturally push the price of them up, even the average ones. Far more decent foreign players who are able to come to England = cheaper.

Precisely.

Maybe one day people will wake up and stop blaming 'bloody foreigners' for 'taking all the English players jobs' and realise that England isn't producing great players - who knows maybe one day they'll realise there's a link between coaching and talent. 

To play like that in one of their biggest games in their history is shocking!

No believe no passion and no effort, i feel sorry the fans that paid the money to witness that.

Yaya Toure's performance is the worst i have ever seen in that level of game and if i was a man city fan i wouldn't want to see him in a man city shirt again.

Big clear out needed at city, they have a ageing squad and most of them not good enough to challenge at elite level.

20 minutes ago, redapple said:

Man City haven't been the same side since they sold Gerry Gow to Rotherham.

How they think Touré is an adequate replacement is baffling . The bloke could hardly shuffle out of the Centre Circle .  

Not sure what anyone expected from Toure, he is going to be gone in a month he downed tools a long time ago. Bizarre decision to pick him.

42 minutes ago, Super said:

Not sure what anyone expected from Toure, he is going to be gone in a month he downed tools a long time ago. Bizarre decision to pick him.

I agree he has been poor this season but for 250k+ a week he needs to show a hell of a lot more than he did last night, they would of been better of playing Delph or even a academy youngster.

4 hours ago, Red said:

"Yeah* i think there would be a lot more passion shown, If more English players were not being forced to go to lower levels or sitting on a bench in the Prem, because of the foreign influx of players. 

If it wasn't for their foreign players - Aguero in particular - Man City wouldn't have been anywhere near the Champions League semi finals in the first place.

It is a remarkably old fashioned view to suggest that English players are more "passionate" than their lazy foreign counterparts.  I see no evidence of that at all.  Liverpool started with only three Englishmen in their 4-3 win over Dortmund...

14 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

In all seriousness their aging squad is a massive issue,at least moan u have Martial, Rashford, Fonsu Mensa etc , Shitty have injury prone arguero and Sterling, who has been rubbish 

Need huge money next year

Yep that's the answer, throw even more money at it. I despite the modern football mentality.

Archived