IGNORED

Kodjia was a Pardew recommendation?

cheshire_red

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You still haven't answered about Wilbrahams/Abraham - you don't even have the excuse that it's a foreign name! What's that about?

To be honest Phil, I didn't even notice that I'd spelt Wilbrahams incorrectly so other than an oversight on my part I have no excuse.    

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To be honest Phil, I didn't even notice that I'd spelt Wilbrahams incorrectly so other than an oversight on my part I have no excuse.    

:facepalm: whatever, you're so dogmatic it amazes me. You're clearly never going to change this sort of thing so no point me trying.

Kodjia has been out and about to a few local schools today and from what an excitable friend of mine (who happens to be a French teacher) has told me he's getting a bit more sleep now. 

Said it was getting used to late night culture not being present in England as is more acceptable in France, also spending time talking to his family. 

Wants to finish the season with a couple more goals, knows what he needs to work on to score even more next season and is very excited about what can be achieved next year. 

Also said his English is not too bad (certainly better than my French).

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why on earth are Palace a 'plastic' club??!!!

And I wouldn't believe all you read on Wiki re kits and nicknames etc....

No Wiki it's a fact. Went Glaziers to Eagles when Big Fat Mal took over after being in Lisbon with Sporting.

Not a plastic club by today's standards but any club that can rewrite it's history on a whim is some form or artificial.

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

To me, grammar is important and (strangely) so is spelling but when it comes to names especially foreign names I like to spell them phonetically as with Codger. 

Now, that spelling pisses off Phil but hey ho  :dunno:

So, grammar and spelling are important for English words and sentences, but not for foreign words? Presumably you'd apply that the other way round, yet on another thread recently you were critical of Kodjia's poor English and limited vocabulary. Oh well, say la vee. 

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

So, grammar and spelling are important for English words and sentences, but not for foreign words? Presumably you'd apply that the other way round, yet on another thread recently you were critical of Kodjia's poor English and limited vocabulary. Oh well, say la vee. 

I was not critical of Codgers English at all. I suggested that his tutor could expand his vocabulary by teaching him alternative words for "happy". 

I actually thought his English was pretty good.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was not critical of Codgers English at all. I suggested that his tutor could expand his vocabulary by teaching him alternative words for "happy". 

Mr Grammar, I believe you mean "Codger's" :P

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Having learnt a new language, Portuguese, in my sixties, I consider it is more sensible to initially learn one word that fits all, like happy, and concentrate on extending the vocabulary to cover more nouns. Then in a year or so, one begins to extend the words such as happy into all the various shades of happiness.

JK is doing great so far from what I heard on that one interview. Vive le Kodjia! 

With regards to the Pardew recommendation, this could have some truth in it. I remember reading that both Palace and West Brom were interested in signing him back in the winter transfer window before we signed him in the summer window.

If true it does make you think why he would have recommended him to us unless he put his name out there to a few clubs.

27 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

With regards to the Pardew recommendation, this could have some truth in it. I remember reading that both Palace and West Brom were interested in signing him back in the winter transfer window before we signed him in the summer window.

If true it does make you think why he would have recommended him to us unless he put his name out there to a few clubs.

Maybe we used our alumni and asked dear old Keith, who then got on to Pardew. Personally I think more likely it was of our own accord; perhaps we asked Palace if they did have interest and if so for their thoughts. But I struggle to believe Pardew picked up the phone and said "Bristol City, take this one on"

Archived