IGNORED

Retained List

Sydneybcfc

11 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

What a ridiculous response. I am sure there are players LJ would like to move on and it would be easier if they were out of contract. 

And we'd all like world peace too.

The situation LJ faces is pretty good, actually. Only 17 senior pros under contract, all bar El-Abd have made at least some contribution this season, team spirit is evidently good and the wasters of previous regimes are history.

Maybe Little, Agard or even Williams wouldn't be LJ's choices if they were out of contract now but they aren't exactly Mark Wilson, Nicky Hunt or Jody Morris, are they?

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We just made it this season due to Bolton and five loan signings

Are you ever sober?

There is six teams below us. The loan players made a difference but does it matter? We didn't just make it, we are currently 12 points clear!

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A fresh start with only Flint, Bryan and Kodjia would of course be far better but I prefer only W on contract over only W out of contract

We'd be relegated if you had your way, think Blackpool who only had 7 contracted pros prior to the start of their last championship season,

go back and play football manager

On 05/05/2016 at 12:46, Sydneybcfc said:

So it seems according to the pre match interview with LJ he said the only player out of contract is Wagstaff and they are going to attempt to keep him assuming he wants to stay and the money is right.

I must be in a minority but I have no idea why we would keep Waggy. I thought he was not great in league 1 and out of his depth in the Championship. Enthusiastic definitely. Does anyone else share these views or am I out of touch again.

2 minutes ago, Redandy said:

I must be in a minority but I have no idea why we would keep Waggy. I thought he was not great in league 1 and out of his depth in the Championship. Enthusiastic definitely. Does anyone else share these views or am I out of touch again.

Because he can play right back wing back right midfield centre midfield and upfront 

as Johnson use to say (Gary) a useful club in the bag,

not the greatest player but isn't poor and can fill in where needed

On 5 May 2016 at 13:42, City169 said:

Slightly off topic, but LJ was asked if any of the loan signings had any pre arranged deals as part of the loan, he said none of them did. Seems those ITK who said we did with Matthews aren't quite as ITK as they want the rest of us to think.

On 5 May 2016 at 13:46, BRISTOL86 said:

To be fair, after the fiasco that was Gray...Gayle...Clough gate, I imagine the club have finally learned not to talk about deals before they're done!

On 5 May 2016 at 13:51, Shtanley said:

I'm almost certain Matthews himself said it in his first interview. That's why I've put it on here a couple of times. 

I thought the club mentioned it but can't find anything, however the reliably accurate BEP, did mention it

BEP Matthews

9 minutes ago, City169 said:

Didn't see anything about an agreed fee?

May have missed it, but I took it as if he does well then we will put a bid in.

Pretty sure there's a few agreed, dependent on performances etc - I'm sure we will go for him but LJ was just speaking the truth. An agreed fee doesn't guarantee anything necessarily, that's all it is. 

Quote from Matthews when he first signed "just spoke to the gaffer (LJ) and he said if all goes well for both parties there's a possibility of a move in the summer" he also said how LJ told him that they wanted to be pushing top 6 next year 

On Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 13:42, City169 said:

Slightly off topic, but LJ was asked if any of the loan signings had any pre arranged deals as part of the loan, he said none of them did. Seems those ITK who said we did with Matthews aren't quite as ITK as they want the rest of us to think.

Im of the opinion that lj is being a bit political with that comment, there may not be a formal agreement done but theres probably a pretty good chance that various conversations have been had.

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A fresh start with only Flint, Bryan and Kodjia would of course be far better but I prefer only W on contract over only W out of contract

And the cost of replacing a whole team / squad of players? Who covers that?!

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

What about Karleigh Osborne. Isn't he still contracted to us next season. Thought he was only on loan like El Abd?

Osborne's contract was due to expire this summer, Cotterill basically said that he'd left the club when he joined AFC Wimbledon on a season long loan.

As he isn't even being mentioned I think it is safe to assume that was the case.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Osborne's contract was due to expire this summer, Cotterill basically said that he'd left the club when he joined AFC Wimbledon on a season long loan.

As he isn't even being mentioned I think it is safe to assume that was the case.

Seems far more interested in his Herbalife stuff now anyway if his social media is anything to go by. Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire in the next 2 years and become a personal trainer or something in conjunction with the supplement stuff.

Shame, I'm pretty sure he would have been our pick ahead of Flint before that injury in Botswana.. I really rated him when he played for us before that point.

On 05/05/2016 at 17:45, exAtyeoMax said:

is that the round window, the square window or the arched window?

It always scared me that Bungle wore PJs to bed.....that means for the rest of the day he was wandering around in the buff! Dirty f"*ker!

9 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

It always scared me that Bungle wore PJs to bed.....that means for the rest of the day he was wandering around in the buff! Dirty f"*ker!

that was Rainbow…I was slightly disturbed by Rod, Jane & Freddie

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

We'd be relegated if you had your way, think Blackpool who only had 7 contracted pros prior to the start of their last championship season,

go back and play football manager

Can o go back and play football manager? This adulthood business is vastly overrated!

Archived