IGNORED

OTIB Betting thread

Oops

After being overwhelmed with almost 3 likes in another thread, I feel it's time that OTIB had a thread where we can share/ celebrate/ laugh at people's weekly flutters. 

As a solid £5 a week punter, I've had a record breaking run of mediocrity. My best ever result was a gut feeling on Bournemouth to beat Man United with Junior Stanislas scoring first, which pocketed me a knee-trembling £600. 

As a disclaimer, can I ask that we regard this as a bit of fun, and no-one will receive the customary OTIB abuse for a duff tip or suchlike.

Mods, feel free to move/pin as you see fit, but please don't delete; I've got a fiver on that this thread lasts til Christmas...

I had a tenner double on Liverpool and Shakhtar to qualify at half time to win £66. Thought it was a big price. Seconds later Sevilla went 2-1 up, now 3-1 up so that didn't look a good price for long. Looks like the first losing bet of the thread goes to me.

I deposited an amount in August and I've multiplyed that by 7 times, the blue few have been a good bet this season and my gas mates hate it when i win money on them, Plymouth have been a let down at times as have Portsmouth, Burnley have been good, my tip this weekend is Burnley, Middlesbrough and unfortunately Rovers , not sure of price yet though

I tend to use SkyBet, PaddyPower, Bet Victor & Ladbrokes.

I bet their enhanced prices / price boosts.

SkyBet offer good enhanced prices on most TV games & I put £10 on each of the correct scores that they offer (1 for each team).

Best I've hit on that was Valencia to win 1-0 at Barcelona @ 66/1!!

I normally land 2,3 or 4 of the correct scores a week.

They also offer enhanced odds on a premier league darts treble which has a maximum limit of £25 which I do each week & both SkyBets & Bet Victors offers on these came in tonight & come in more often than they don't!!

I also do the enhanced trebles for the football on the weekends & midweek games & they have a fairly good success rate of coming in.

Plus putting a few quid each night on the enhanced odds on the American basketball, ice hockey & baseball & American football (when the season is on) & they all have a fairly regular success rate.

PaddyPower offer good price boost (normally about half hour before a main game) & again, they have a fairly good success rate too.

I've also landed tonight, Liverpool to qualify & Liverpool & Seville to win tonight with Ladbrokes which were both at enhanced prices!!

And a little bit here & there on the horses helps out as well as SkyBet normally offer a price boost on each meeting & sometimes offer money back offers on losing bets if the favourite wins or another one is if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd.

5 minutes ago, steve39 said:

Lost out on 800 last week 1 result in my 8 fold accumulator let me down.all I will say is that I hope HULL balls up the play offs.

Yeah Hull need to have serious chat to themselves, cost me a few quid on a BTTS. Also sky had an extreme close up of Steve Bruce's face which made my son cry

I still have a few small bets running on Andre Gray top scorer (£5@12/1)

Real Madrid to win the Champions League, Liverpool to win the Europa League & Juventus & Bayern in a double to win their leagues. Only small bets on those but it's better than a poke in the eye.

28 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Last season I had a league winners bet accumulator.

£5 on Chelsea, Derby, City and Burton would have returned £19500.

I will forever hate Derby for being top in March and finishing 7th haha.

I can't bring myself to like this post, its just too painful.

Had my biggest ever win last weekend, would have been £317 but cashed out for £281 as the thought of losing that much to a last minute goal made me sick, lost the £30 odd but ah well. 

There are some big odds in league 2 this weekend if anyone is feeling brave.

Before the season started, Sturrock was signing loads of players at Yeovil.  I saw that as a great sign, so I lumped a shedload on Yeovil to romp the basement unchallenged.  

Imagine my surprise when it quickly became clear that he'd managed to secure the services of a load of blokes apparently no better than me  :gaah:

Whilst I brought 100 quids worth of solace to an independent bookie in Campbeltown, the likelihood of him crossing my palm with twenty-six hundred Scottish ones had completely gone by 6 weeks into the campaign.  :facepalm:

I shall be using betfair today and laying against , Norwich, Bournemouth, Palace, and Sunderland @ £10 backs

On another note, if anyone wants to post on my blog about betting etc let me know, I don't mind you adding your own referral codes for bookie sign ups into your blog.

www.bookmakerschool.com 

bms-banner-486.png

I've had a shocking year, my own fault for chasing odds with big accumulators . 

Toady's 

Accumulator (11) To Win
Plymouth @ 4/6 
Win-Draw-Win
Plymouth v Hartlepool
£2.00 Pending

Oxford United @ 1/3 
Win-Draw-Win
Oxford United v Wycombe
Pending

Accrington Stanley @ 1/3 
Win-Draw-Win
Accrington Stanley v Stevenage
Pending

Bristol Rovers @ 2/9 
Win-Draw-Win
Bristol Rovers v Dagenham & Red
Pending

Fleetwood Town @ 4/11 
Win-Draw-Win
Fleetwood Town v Crewe
Pending

Fulham @ 8/11 
Win-Draw-Win
Fulham v Bolton
Pending

Derby @ 8/11 
Win-Draw-Win
Derby v Ipswich
Pending

Liverpool @ 4/9 
Win-Draw-Win
Liverpool v Watford
Pending

West Ham @ 4/9 
Win-Draw-Win
West Ham v Swansea
Pending

Newcastle @ 4/7 
Win-Draw-Win
Aston Villa v Newcastle
Pending

Man Utd @ 17/20 
Win-Draw-Win
Norwich v Man Utd

Oh and with my last 93 p in my PP account went on Tomlin first goal and a 2-1 City win , 66/1

If you want money stay clear of these bets !!

Edit: A bonus for this coming in would be the Squatters ending in the Playoff's 

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

You get crazy odds using the full time result and BTTS Acca on skybet. I just did a 7-fold Acca with odds of 37,000-1. Put a fiver on. Available for cash out too so hopefully it will at least get to a reasonable cash out point

That's mad odds. generally I do accas with the best teams not that in wins  me anything. 

I`ve never done any research on this but would a good bet be to pick an average side in any league and back them to win 4-0 or 4-1 every home game and to lose by the same every away game. I should think if that average side has a better than expected season they would get more of the home wins but less of the away defeats or the reverse if they had a poor one. An average season would probably result in about the same number of each.

If you were to put a fiver on each score, i.e a tenner a game, you`d pay out £460 in stakes. If you took our season as an example you would have won on Huddersfield and Sheff Weds at home plus Derby, Hull and Burnley away with one game to go. I would think the odds would have been something like 25/1 for the three away defeats, 40/1 for the Huddersfield game and probably around 66/1 for the Wednesday one giving a return of 181 x £5 - £905, a profit of £445.

A goer do you think?

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve never done any research on this but would a good bet be to pick an average side in any league and back them to win 4-0 or 4-1 every home game and to lose by the same every away game. I should think if that average side has a better than expected season they would get more of the home wins but less of the away defeats or the reverse if they had a poor one. An average season would probably result in about the same number of each.

If you were to put a fiver on each score, i.e a tenner a game, you`d pay out £460 in stakes. If you took our season as an example you would have won on Huddersfield and Sheff Weds at home plus Derby, Hull and Burnley away with one game to go. I would think the odds would have been something like 25/1 for the three away defeats, 40/1 for the Huddersfield game and probably around 66/1 for the Wednesday one giving a return of 181 x £5 - £905, a profit of £445.

A goer do you think?

Interesting theory and one I suspect a lot of us have thought about albeit with different scores etc 

So lets do an experiment next season and see what the outcome will be, I will virtually bet £5 at us to win at home 4-0 and 4-1 and reverse that for our away fixtures and lets see what happens :)

I think personally we will lose money, but you never know with a little bit of luck and LT signing who knows...

2 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

There are some big big odds today on two horse races.

Swansea 8/1 at West Ham

Stevanage 9/1 at Accrington

Dagenham 11/1 at Gas

Wycombe 9/1 at Oxford

Raith 4th and unbeaten in 10 games 7/1 at 3rd placed Hibs

Your not kidding !

I thought the same when I looked earlier, and because the odds were crazy ive got on a few of them with doubles (you never know) Stevanage and Swansea certainly look back able in what as you describe is only  a two horse race..

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE & COYR

38 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

A goer do you think?

Different take on it, a mates theory was (before the relegation fiasco) Rangers to win 3-0 every week decent odds and reasonable chance of several wins a season. Might try it next year with another team/score. Celtic win more often than not , just pick a score and stick with it.

I've had a pretty average season .... Until the last few weeks, culminating in a £160 win in the week on a £2 bet!

I did a treble at the start of the season, Cheltenham to win the league, and Boro, Pompey and Barnsley to get promoted. Two in so far, but the other two ( one will do!) look long shots!

Archived