IGNORED

OTIB Betting thread

Oops

15 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I've had a pretty average season .... Until the last few weeks, culminating in a £160 win in the week on a £2 bet!

I did a treble at the start of the season, Cheltenham to win the league, and Boro, Pompey and Barnsley to get promoted. Two in so far, but the other two ( one will do!) look long shots!

Don`t know about that mate, you`ve got to fancy Pompey in the playoffs.

On Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 20:49, Oops said:

After being overwhelmed with almost 3 likes in another thread, I feel it's time that OTIB had a thread where we can share/ celebrate/ laugh at people's weekly flutters. 

As a solid £5 a week punter, I've had a record breaking run of mediocrity. My best ever result was a gut feeling on Bournemouth to beat Man United with Junior Stanislas scoring first, which pocketed me a knee-trembling £600. 

As a disclaimer, can I ask that we regard this as a bit of fun, and no-one will receive the customary OTIB abuse for a duff tip or suchlike.

Mods, feel free to move/pin as you see fit, but please don't delete; I've got a fiver on that this thread lasts til Christmas...

Mods please delete because I have a tenner that says it won't

Tonight's Sky Bet enhanced prices came in on Man Utd to win 3-1 (12/1) & Derby to win 2-0 (18/1), had my usual £10 on each so happy with tonight's football even I had no preference in either game. £280 profit on tonight has made it a little more worthwhile.

Betting on each of the group winners at the euros.

• France
  • England
  • Germany
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Portugal

£5 on returns £150, tempted to do another with Belgium instead of Italy and Wales instead of England.

Edit: Infact just put £5 on that and it comes out at £420 returns if it happens.

25 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

SkyBets enhanced odds of 33/1 on Barnsley to win 3-1 has just come in!!

I had my usual £10 on it plus a £5 free bet, so £505 back :yes:

jesus ! you have stepped in one big piece of shit ! talk about luck ! next time it'll be nice if you tell us of the enhanced bets BEFORE they come in. :laugh: !

Help /advice needed please, if Barnsley get promoted I will win approx £580. They look like they will play Millwall ( at the mo!). I'm guessing I will need to put money on whoever ( to win outright) Barnsley play in the final.

im guessing both teams will be about evens, how much should I put on though??

23 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

jesus ! you have stepped in one big piece of shit ! talk about luck ! next time it'll be nice if you tell us of the enhanced bets BEFORE they come in. :laugh: !

In fairness, at the start of this thread I mentioned that I follow SkyBets enhanced prices on the correct scores :whistle:

I used to only put £3 on each but then it started to become apparent that they actually come in on a fairly regular basis so I stepped it up to £10 a bet.

They already have the prices up for the Millwall Vs Bradford game tomorrow & the Man Utd Vs Palace FA Cup Final on Saturday, my £10's have already been placed :cool:

46 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

In fairness, at the start of this thread I mentioned that I follow SkyBets enhanced prices on the correct scores :whistle:

I used to only put £3 on each but then it started to become apparent that they actually come in on a fairly regular basis so I stepped it up to £10 a bet.

They already have the prices up for the Millwall Vs Bradford game tomorrow & the Man Utd Vs Palace FA Cup Final on Saturday, my £10's have already been placed :cool:

So is that a case of betting on the Millwall 2-0 and the Bradford 3-1?

Yep, that's what I do.

If it comes in you're bound to make more than your stake.

It all depends on how much you can afford, I try to keep £100 in my account & anything over that tends to get put back into my bank account so there's less chance of me getting reckless & betting too much but as I stated, I started off doing £3 a bet.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Help /advice needed please, if Barnsley get promoted I will win approx £580. They look like they will play Millwall ( at the mo!). I'm guessing I will need to put money on whoever ( to win outright) Barnsley play in the final.

im guessing both teams will be about evens, how much should I put on though??

If Millwall are evens you could put £290 on them to win to give yourself a guaranteed £290 profit, if it was me I would definitely lay some off on Millwall as the thought of coming away with nowt will be painful, personally I would scout all the bookies and get the best possible price and smack £150 on Millwall and hope they lose!

6 hours ago, harrys said:

If Millwall are evens you could put £290 on them to win to give yourself a guaranteed £290 profit, if it was me I would definitely lay some off on Millwall as the thought of coming away with nowt will be painful, personally I would scout all the bookies and get the best possible price and smack £150 on Millwall and hope they lose!

Thanks mate, I will keep looking at the best odds over the next week, then take the plunge!

19 hours ago, hodge said:

Ha ha, I've even landed Bairstow top English 1st innings run scorer @ 8/1 £3 on it, £27 back

And as a double with Anderson to have the best 1st innings bowling figures @ 28/1, £3 on it, £87 back

And as a treble for the above & England to win the match @ 40/1, £3 on it with a likely return of £123 :clapping:

I have no idea why it's chose to include hodge in this, sorry mate.

Archived