IGNORED

Blackpool - the final insult for their fans

Big Red Rich

16 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Capitulating when needing a win to have a chance of staying up, will now be lower than the gas. Do you feel sorry for their fans? At least they are campaigning or are you in the "they weren't moaning when they were in the prem" camp? 

Definitely sympathise. They weren't one of the Prem overspenders. 

As 29AR says, absolutely sympathise.  Blackpool didn't spend their way to the premier league (and, to be fair, I think the fans actually did complain about how hard it was for Holloway to compete with the wage cap in place).  It's really hard to see a way back to the top two divisions for a long time to come and I can even see them doing a Tranmere and sinking entirely...

Edit:  I mean Stockport, although Tranmere sort of work as an example too...

Staggering really, if back in 2010 you said "6 years and you'll be a division below Fleetwood" (who were non league at the time) I don't think any Blackpool fans would have taken you seriously. As it stands a couple more years and they could be playing AFC Fylde

3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Capitulating when needing a win to have a chance of staying up, will now be lower than the gas.

1-0 up at half time, still drawing 1-1 with 15 mins to go, yet lose 5-1.

2 hours ago, cynic said:

The Oystons still seem to be going after their forum and individuals as well.

Season ticket sales not expected to exceed 2k according to their forum despite very low prices.

Wonder how long they'll survive ? They can't carry on like this..

perhaps they'll be bought by Philip Green or his wife…

15 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Would it really be a surprise if they drop down even a few more divisions? Can't say I'm too gutted a lot of their fans were extremely cocky in the premiership.

Probably the same 7,000 fans who were there for just one season and now back in front of Sky Sports every weekend.

On 8 May 2016 at 17:57, Iron Man said:

Would it really be a surprise if they drop down even a few more divisions? Can't say I'm too gutted a lot of their fans were extremely cocky in the premiership.

Nothing wrong with being cocky as fans when you reach the promised land in my opinion....we'd be crowing for months and quite right too if we got back to the top div....

Archived