IGNORED

New Bristol Mayor / BCFC

CotswoldRed

He was brought up in Lawrence weston before moving to Easton. His adopted mum is white and apparently got him from a home in Devon. He's supposed to support Bristol Rugby.  Nice bit of fence sitting there then Mayor.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He's not remotely a Corbynite, also seeing as he is from Greenbank he's pretty unlikely to be a City fan, is he?

The Dolman is not exactly heaving with black guys from East Bristol..

Sure he is originally from Lawrence Weston, still not natural City territory but the wife is from there and she's a red!

20 minutes ago, fatchers said:

He was brought up in Lawrence weston before moving to Easton. His adopted mum is white and apparently got him from a home in Devon. He's supposed to support Bristol Rugby.  Nice bit of fence sitting there then Mayor.

You're correct, growing up I can remember seeing him around wearing a Bristol jersey more often than a football shirt. 

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I don't live in Bristol anymore, but have always had a low opinion of the City's politicians.  Not quite old enough to remember how badly they dealt with Brunel _ but that tells you everything about lack of wits.

How any Bristolian can support Arsenal is totally and utterly beyond my comprehension.

Best we can hope for is that he keeps as far away from Ashton Gate as possible!

Actually, I am hoping he does visit Ashton Gate in his 5 year tenure...to watch City v Arsenal!

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

He has a view/policy he campaigned on and people voted for him based off that.

Not entirely sure that's true. From what I can see on here and other places and from the many conversations I've had Marvin's biggest strengths seem to be that he isn't George Ferguson and that he was the sole likely contender.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

That's what vexes me. I can't agree because I don't know if I'm agreeing with someone for or against them. My disagreement comes from it being reasonable to base a campaign on 'I'll chat about it'. 

Hah, fair point!

Does it really matter what football team he supports?! Regardless, he was never going to announce a declaration of support for either team and potentially risk losing the votes of half the city :facepalm: 

The guy has been in charge for two days and already some are writing him off. Let's see what he does first, ay lads?! :thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, Chloe1992 said:

Does it really matter what football team he supports?! Regardless, he was never going to announce a declaration of support for either team and potentially risk losing the votes of half the city :facepalm: 

The guy has been in charge for two days and already some are writing him off. Let's see what he does first, ay lads?! :thumbsup:

Not here, you maybe thinking of a different forum? This is the place where Cotts got hammered as a long ball merchant that was going to ruine the fantastic football we were playing at the time and Lee Jhonson was a one way ticket to league 1 - all before a single ball was kicked under there management.

1 hour ago, Chloe1992 said:

I don't live in Bristol and haven't followed the campaign one iota. 

Has he not already said what he's going to do? If not, why have people voted for him. 

3 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

Sure he is originally from Lawrence Weston, still not natural City territory but the wife is from there and she's a red!

From personal experience I'd say L DUBZ is definitely red. Very rarely have I seen a blue tit around those ways. Plenty of robins tho. In fact I happened to spend this last weekend in the ghetto and despite their promotion I failed to see one shirt on show!

7 hours ago, Stephen Lewis said:

From what I understand only about 27% of eligible voters bothered to vote.

Bit late to complain now.

Anyway he's labour so obviously was the best candidate.

Except turn out was 44%

Archived