IGNORED

I want the transfers back on the main page!

Fordy62

I don't mean to sound rude or ungrateful in the face of all the @Tomarse and the other moderators do for us. And I know it was subject of open debate, but in hindsight have we made the best decision?

The season is over. There are no tactics or hypothetical teams list for us to guess at and discuss, there are no match day threads and no in match incidents for us to debate. Let's face it, at this time of year there's next to nothing.

Transfer threads should be rightly filling up the main football forum and I can't help but feel it now looks a little disjointed. I love logging into OTIB to see a new thread created on the smallest of evidence/conjecture and I love seeing it spiral out of control; the ensuing sightings and twitter stalking.

Please can we reconsider? I think we've made a bad call. Of course, I'm just one man and many of you may be happier with the way things are now, but surely there's someone on my side?

By the way, I reiterate my thanks to Tom & the mods for another fantastic season. We have by far and away the best forum I've visited, and without it, I'd have to engage with the (extremely hormonal) wife!

Me too.  The vote in favour of a sub-forum was less than 50% in favour and, unlike using the main forum, there was only one option for a sub-forum so the vote for that wasn't split. I much prefer news or rumours of our potential targets being on the main page particularly when the transfer window is open.

Agree with Fordy. Nothing better than seeing a players name on the forum and thinking "please say we're interested/signing him" or "For **** sake please say we're not signing this guy" before clicking on the link.

The summer thread is also handy but when it gets up to so many pages you can't keep up with it.

3 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I don't.... Didn't we already have a winner in the poll?

The poll was a bit flawed though as it didn't describe what we did last year, which was one massive thread for all the pointless bollocks and separate threads for the things worth actually reading.

2 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I thought the main man for crazy decisions (Red Trousers) was dethroned this week? 

How do know I am not red trousers?  My next poll will be about setting up a No Posting Zone on OTIB forcing everyone who lives outside Bristol to pay for the privilege!!

All this moaning is like when Red Trousers got in.  No **** votes then moans when they don't get what they want.  

Happy to re-open the poll and go with the majority though. 

Why was a poll necessary in the first place?  I assumed that users get fed up with empty and unfounded rumours that crop up on here.........:dunno:

We all know that the silly season is starting so why not just carry on as before and have all the rumours on this page? 99% of them are nonsense anyway......and we all know that as well but still enjoy reading them.

Archived