IGNORED

Martinez Sacked

The Coach

Under-performing big time, 1 win and 5 losses in last 10 games. They're also not playing good football either, Martinez's stock dropping very quickly. Similar timing to De Boer leaving, coincidence? Could Rafa go to Everton with Newcastle having been relegated?

10 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Rumour coming out. Strange as he done a conference this morning reflecting on the Sunderland game and the last game this weekend.

Where's their class, they should have let him do the pre match presser and then sack him!

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I had to google that - I'm amazed I couldn't work it out for myself. I'm slacking in my old age.....

maybe because it should have a been a T instead of a D ;) Damn kids these days....

Another moronic footballing descion amongst many others. :grr:  Do these chairmen and boards learn anything?! If it carries on at this rate managers will only be employed on a week by week basis. I miss the old days when clubs had a five/ten/twenty year plan with the same coach/manager. :sad26:

Everton fans - got fed up with Moyes, because the team was defensively solid, but dull; and then fed up with Martinez because they can't defend, undermining some exciting attacking players.......

Football fans - :facepalm:

31 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Everton fans - got fed up with Moyes, because the team was defensively solid, but dull; and then fed up with Martinez because they can't defend, undermining some exciting attacking players.......

Football fans - :facepalm:

The attacking players have been poor both this season and the last, despite some promising form from Lukaku and Barkley at the start of the season. The real issue with Everton fans is that they haven't woken up to the money awash in the Premier League. You should be pressing for top 4 because you have Lukaku? Swansea have André Ayew, Stoke Marko Arnautović, Leicester Riyad Mahrez, West Ham Payet and Southampton Graziano Pellè. That's before even comparing their time to the big clubs of the league. Their board for better or worse were too cautious/afraid to sack Martinez. I think it was the fans planned demonstrations that finally forced them into action.

When he was at Everton, the fans loved Moyes. He was working wonders on a shoestring budget, and for years he'd been destined for bigger things. When Moyes went to Man Utd, most fans thought it was deserved for his years of service.

Eight months later, and Everton fans are giving him shit. Martinez is the messiah, and they assume that the Champions League football they were promised was coming.

A year later, Martinez is found out. Everton look like Wigan 2.0 after the defensive stability Moyes spent years building is destroyed. Martinez is sacked before the fans lynch him on their lap of shame around Goodison.

I never considered Everton fans to be entitled until recently.

Archived