IGNORED

Bath Bomb and Bristol City

handsofclay

The WW2 unexploded bomb found in Bath in which residents have been advised to evacuate the area although others have remained at home has prompted me to consider what City fans would do if say an unexploded WW2 bomb was found in say the penalty area at the Atyeo End with City kicking towards that goal with twenty minutes remaining in the Championship play-off semi-final 2nd leg with City 4-2 up on aggregate. Would you want the match called off and everyone evacuate the stadium, or just choose to leave yourself, or would you stay to see the remaining 20 mins with the attitude that the bomb has been there more than 70 years without going off so another 20 minutes won't make much difference, then keep your fingers crossed that City hold onto their two goal cushion and that Lee Tomlin doesn't take a dive in the pen area?

Actually, seeing that a bomb did drop and explode on Ashton Gate during the war there is always the possibility that another dropped, embedded itself in the pitch and didn't go off....though it might've been better for me to postulate that theory BEFORE the stadium revamp had taken place!

22 minutes ago, handsofclay1909 said:

The WW2 unexploded bomb found in Bath in which residents have been advised to evacuate the area although others have remained at home has prompted me to consider what City fans would do if say an unexploded WW2 bomb was found in say the penalty area at the Atyeo End with City kicking towards that goal with twenty minutes remaining in the Championship play-off semi-final 2nd leg with City 4-2 up on aggregate. Would you want the match called off and everyone evacuate the stadium, or just choose to leave yourself, or would you stay to see the remaining 20 mins with the attitude that the bomb has been there more than 70 years without going off so another 20 minutes won't make much difference, then keep your fingers crossed that City hold onto their two goal cushion and that Lee Tomlin doesn't take a dive in the pen area?

Be near an UXB or watch 20 minutes of footy? Your Darwin Award awaits. (A set of posthumous awards for people that improve the human gene pool by removing themselves from the planet through their own stupidity).

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

My daughters like bath bombs, always got some on the go in my house. I've never felt the need to evacuate the area

I managed a large evacuation in the bathroom only this morning. Prawn Dansaks, eh?

11 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Be near an UXB or watch 20 minutes of footy? Your Darwin Award awaits. (A set of posthumous awards for people that improve the human gene pool by removing themselves from the planet through their own ?!

38 minutes ago, handsofclay1909 said:

Actually, seeing that a bomb did drop and explode on Ashton Gate during the war there is always the possibility that another dropped, embedded itself in the pitch and didn't go off....though it might've been better for me to postulate that theory BEFORE the stadium revamp had taken place!

It's true

Bas Savage tripped over it once

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

Be near an UXB or watch 20 minutes of footy? Your Darwin Award awaits. (A set of posthumous awards for people that improve the human gene pool by removing themselves from the planet through their own stupidity).

Years ago i had to be trained in Advanced Food Hygiene so I was qualified to run basic courses, it was a 5 day course and by day 2 many of us had stopped eating, after a while I thought, "it didn't kill me when I was ignorant of the facts, why should it do so now?"  So I think the laid back west country man part of me would say "well it didn't explode before, I think I can expect it not to explode for another 20 minutes just because we know it is there, play on ref!".

Avon & Somerset just confirmed, barely visible on the device is a Robin astride a football, with the enscription 'Love from the Shit'.

Use-by date 1996.

You heard it here first, so do NOT believe anything you read in the Evil Post.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

I remember seeing this one on flickr, it must be around the same size of the bath one. There must be thousands of unexploded bombs all over britain. A lot of them were booby trap bombs. 

12148706856_c95a43c7dd_c.jpg

5 hours ago, handsofclay1909 said:

seeings the pitch has been relaid a couple of times in the past 10 years, dont you think they'd have noticed? that or what would someone be digging the pitch in the middle of a game

Archived