IGNORED

Sieb Dijkstra

Claverham_Red

Not a transfer target but an ex City loanee! It's been a slow day....my brother-in-law recalled a time he was working on Keith Welch's house when he was out injured in 1996, as it turns out, and City got Sieb Dijkstra on loan from QPR.

Just before my time so does anyone have any recollections of this former loanee who played a grand total of 8 games for the club?!

His Wikipedia page suggests he didn't play much elsewhere...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sieb_Dijkstra

AziuIHZCQAA7v1_.jpg

He was Very good for us. Was huge seemed to catch and save everything. Looked a very good keeper in his short spell with us.

Probably the best keeper I've seen for us. But anyone can look good over a short spell.

17 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

He was a bit of a monster, I can remember him running off his line to catch a ball from a corner and knocking about 5 players over, mainly our players, in the process. It was like watching human skittles.

Human skittles, now that's a game I want to try.

Clemens Zwijnenberg!

I could be totally wrong but I am pretty sure Dykstra made his debut away at Burnden Park and we beat Bolton. After 5 minutes I couldn't believe how much better it was to have a keeper who dealt with stuff in the air, Elvis & Leaning hadn't ever taught me it could be done like that!

Archived