IGNORED

Away Kit

Red_Theo

• Admin
4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry, thought you meant we should have the same change kit as the rugby team has now...

Very likely both teams to have same change kit as clearly we both won't change our home colours 

23 hours ago, kingswood red said:

Something like this? It could turn into a proper pantomine season then!

Oh no it couldn't.

Red shirts at home and blue away would highlight Bristol City's new identity of Bristol City/Bristol Rugby/Bristol Sport.

Sure blue is linked to Rovers, City are red Rovers are blue but Bristol City are rebranding via Bristol Sport as a slick modern football club. Tribalism is a thing of the past. Fans would moan about blue being used, it would be well meaning whinging but its a tiny tiny compromise compared to what Steve Lansdown is shelling out to push Bristol City forwards. It also might stop the endless harking on about BRFC and the abusive chanting, a good thing if the same effort is put into support of the team.

The blue used looks lack at a distance, even close up it's really dark and nothing like the Rovers blue. I have no issues with us playing in red/white home and blue/white away. Hell even playing in the first Bristol South End kit as our home kit for just one season Red top/blue shorts and socks. Maybe the Burgundy/gold away as our permanent third kit (rarely used I know). 

bristol_city_1894-1895.gif

It was either Doncaster or Mansfield away (83/84?) and our home and away kits would've clashed. TC made the appropriate phone call and because Kenny Stroud lived close by, He picked up Swindon Town's Yellow away kit which was duly worn. I can't remember the score but I was there!

We might have been financially broke but pride didn't stop us from asking our second rivals  (third if you count Rovers Reserves)!

On 5/20/2016 at 09:07, Malaggro is back said:

I hope not.

Already football is becoming / has become sanitised, gentrified and boring.

1 hour ago, Trueredsupporte said:

No Malaggro you should move on with the times. Aggro has no place at football. A blue away kit now with Bristol rugby a prem side makes even more sense. #makingbristolproud.

and in your reply you have just completely proved his point !

On 20/05/2016 at 09:07, Malaggro is back said:

I hope not.

Already football is becoming / has become sanitised, gentrified and boring.

Football has always been football. A good team is anything but boring. A fact proved to us all the season before last.

What you are talking about is a way of supporting a team that has been dying out and will eventually and not a moment too soon dissapear althogether.

What I find amusing is that people think this is how it's always been and therefore we shouldn't let it go. Despite the fact that it all grew quite quickly, peaked in the 70's and has been dying ever since.

Meanwhile the everyday working class hero, upstanding citizen and even prawn sandwich loving toff were there from the start in their top hats and flat caps.

Lets get back to the good old days of Football!

Exactly Nathrewood. Football evolves and there are those who want it to stay in the dark ages of taking ends and having a slash on a breeze block wall which doubles as the toilet. City wont fill the ground with working class hard nuts singing we are the city boys over and over again. Times have moved on and society has too what was the home end now has posh faclities and a coffee shop. The rugby club have red kits in the Bristol Sport shop. City can have a blue away kit as part of that crossover.

On 18 May 2016 at 22:12, Hopesy38 said:

I'm thinking this, maybe a darker shade of green on the shorts though.

AWAY.png

The shirt colour is baby poo. That's bad enough in nappies, but on a shirt? 

I think we need to ban all reference to 'blue'. It's bad enough the association with the Slags, but blue was worn regularly by the two worst managers I've ever had the misfortune to witness at Ashton Gate. Pulis regularly wore blue training kit and SoD often wore blue track suits - both were a disaster for our Club. 

If we really have to do a Bristol Sport colour link-up, let's just call the dark colour 'ink'.

13 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How about this for an away kit?

Don't know about Ayr's, looks more like Bristols to me. :whistle:

On 27/05/2016 at 09:43, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How about this for an away kit?

Perhaps this is why we haven't had our away kit launched as yet....the media team are still trying to track down our old friend Stacey Penton to help with the launch! 

You think the hashtag on the shirt is bad....wait until you see the gashtag on the shorts.....

Archived