IGNORED

Words,names and phrases that should be banned on otib

Ivorguy

55 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Palarse I've just seen on another thread!  Makes my teeth itch

Palarse is one of the worst - just awful. Why do people think it's funny?

Another one is when posters sign off with their real name - slightly odder still when they sign off with their forum name.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Palarse is one of the worst - just awful. Why do people think it's funny?

Another one is when posters sign off with their real name - slightly odder still when they sign off with their forum name.

And now someone has actually used one in a topic title - manure. Argh. How is it funny? Just call them their flipping name.

22 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

And now someone has actually used one in a topic title - manure. Argh. How is it funny? Just call them their flipping name.

I wonder which teams don't have ridiculous names?

everbum

ass-ton villa

man shitty

Fester City

puke-castle

bum-derland  

jesus. I could go on.

Pwoper Nawty 

Stacey Penton

Cod Lot

All are forum jokes that have passed their sell-by date.

As for calling other teams by semi-humorous, vaguely pejorative nicknames.  I think all sets of fans do this and have done since Old Carthusians thought up an offensive nickname for Royal Engineers.  Probably.

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I wonder which teams don't have ridiculous names?

everbum

ass-ton villa

man shitty

Fester City

puke-castle

bum-derland  

jesus. I could go on.

Oh no.. Don't open that Pandoras Box. 

I'm brainstorming TV Shows on the other thread and this could just tip me over the ed...................

The "word" Brizzle.  This is nowhere near to being close to how the broadest of west country accents would pronounce the name of our fine city.  Bristaw or Bristall yes, but I have never heard a local ever pronounce it as Brizzle (other than mimicking a non-local who uses this word) - where the hell did this come from?

31 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

The "word" Brizzle.  This is nowhere near to being close to how the broadest of west country accents would pronounce the name of our fine city.  Bristaw or Bristall yes, but I have never heard a local ever pronounce it as Brizzle (other than mimicking a non-local who uses this word) - where the hell did this come from?

I think it was Derek Robinson's 'Krek waiters...' book that came up with the word 'Bristle', Brizzle is very similar. In the last week alone I've had two brief conversations with two different Northerners explaining that 'Bristaw' is how Bristolians tend to say the name of our City.

Like yourself, I've never heard another Bristolian refer to Bristol as 'Brizzle'.

12 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Pwoper Nawty 

Stacey Penton

Cod Lot

All are forum jokes that have passed their sell-by date.

As for calling other teams by semi-humorous, vaguely pejorative nicknames.  I think all sets of fans do this and have done since Old Carthusians thought up an offensive nickname for Royal Engineers.  Probably.

I forgot about 'cod lot' - a really tired Injoke that's apparently funny to about two or three posters. Time to bin it.

Has anyone mentioned 'Horace the hedgehog' yet? :fear:

On 17/05/2016 at 02:24, Cunnyfunt said:

IMHO, IMO 

We all know it's your opinion.

I'm not sure everyone does though.  Some people do get extremely agitated when other express their opinion and they disagree with it.  IMO/IMHO can diffuse that and head it off IMHO.

Most of the others I agree with.

Archived