IGNORED

Brighton fans eyeing up goalscorers......

Jack Dawe

......and inevitably, Kodj gets a few mentions (on their forum). They've seen the stats. One chap suggests a Kodj/Baldock swap, plus money (but doesn't specify if we get Sammy boy back, plus a few quid, or if they take Jimmy and some of our Steve's hard-earned, untaxed dosh). 

It's a no (thanks) from me. What about you?

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

......and inevitably, Kodj gets a few mentions (on their forum). They've seen the stats. One chap suggests a Kodj/Baldock swap, plus money (but doesn't specify if we get Sammy boy back, plus a few quid, or if they take Jimmy and some of our Steve's hard-earned, untaxed dosh). 

It's a no (thanks) from me. What about you?

Thought Baldock was pretty disappointing in the play off games. Not sure I would want him back.

If the club wants to move up the table. Keeping hold of JK is vital. Unless a very good offer above £8million comes in. We should be looking to keep hold of him, and bring in new players to help support him. Would not want to sell to a Championship rival team either.

Brighton were unlucky to not go up, being the team of the top three left without a seat when the music stopped. Having said that, would be very disappointed to lose him to them. Are their pockets that deep? They have the same problem as we do competing against teams with parachute payments. Had a great season, but do not see that changing.

If a Newcastle, Norwich or Villa stepped in, likelihood is there may not be much we could do. Brighton? Unlikely in my book.

There's bound to be interest in Codger. He bagged 20 goals in a struggling side. Add to that the fact that last season was his first experience of English Championhip football and all in new country where he couldn't speak the lingo. All very impressive....

My guess is that a PL outfit could well come calling.

As for Baldock........:facepalm:

14 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Brighton were unlucky to not go up, being the team of the top three left without a seat when the music stopped. Having said that, would be very disappointed to lose him to them. Are their pockets that deep? They have the same problem as we do competing against teams with parachute payments. Had a great season, but do not see that changing.

If a Newcastle, Norwich or Villa stepped in, likelihood is there may not be much we could do. Brighton? Unlikely in my book.

I don't really get this thinking. Auto promotion is only for those who finish 2nd, and Brighton were pipped after having 46 games in which to propel themselves there. I wouldn't say Rovers were lucky to get promoted, or Accrington unlucky to be in the playoffs... they started the season knowing 2nd (or 3rd respectively) earns you auto promotion and third(fourth) six(seventh) only qualifies you to a playoff.

It's not unlucky, Brighton didn't do enough, but did do enough to qualify for a lottery.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There's bound to be interest in Codger. He bagged 20 goals in a struggling side. Add to that the fact that last season was his first experience of English Championhip football and all in new country where he couldn't speak the lingo. All very impressive....

My guess is that a PL outfit could well come calling.

As for Baldock........:facepalm:

As long as it's not Pulis, he can **** right off !

There's nothing between us and Brighton whatsoever.  Now they've messed up their shot of promotion this campaign, for me, they start at the same level as us this summer.

This would just be a sideways move for JK.

I honestly feel it will be a fantastic feat if we keep Kodjia this summer, as I am certain that his exploits will attract a few bids from Prem teams, who can afford to take the gamble on him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bournemouth made a bid for him.  Perhaps they'd try to seal this by offering Tomlin?

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I honestly feel it will be a fantastic feat if we keep Kodjia this summer, as I am certain that his exploits will attract a few bids from Prem teams, who can afford to take the gamble on him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bournemouth made a bid for him.  Perhaps they'd try to seal this by offering Tomlin?

That's a good shout. I hadn't thought of a deal involving Tomlin. Question is tho - would B'muff be interested in Codger? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

Potentailly 3 as there's an option for a third year, what we don't know is if its one the club can use, or one for the player to use

At his age it will be he clubs choice, players choice is normally for older pros in their mid to lat 30's like wilbs and James 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

At his age it will be he clubs choice, players choice is normally for older pros in their mid to lat 30's like wilbs and James 

So after this season if I was at the club I'd be saying to potential buyers that its 3 years left, adds extra value.

Brighton have done well this season. Enough to have their odds slashed of promotion next season, but I still don't see them as one of the top top clubs in the league. 

We may lose Kodjia, but it'll be to a better and bigger club than BHA. 

8 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Fact is no big name striker wants to join us with last summer as proof. Even if we got 8 mill for kodjia, we couldn't replace him

A very good point. If we do sell him would the last person to leave Ashton Gate please turn out the lights.

1 hour ago, BA14 RED said:

I remember on their forum them saying they preferred the Gas to us before the game with them in October. F them if they offer 15 million they can have Kodjia

Well its not unusual for a fans to prefer the underdogs more is it. Still the way i look at it we must have done something good to touch a nerve, having said that brighton always beat us so yeah f them we still have a richer owner :dancing6:

Archived