IGNORED

First Summer Signing - The Next Bale...

Ashton_Red

Seen a few players mentioned as added to the U21 development squad over the last couple of seasons. None yet broken through to the first team. So hard to get too excited based on our  recent record.

On the other hand maybe they will all blossom next season? I won't hold my breath though.

51 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Seen a few players mentioned as added to the U21 development squad over the last couple of seasons. None yet broken through to the first team. So hard to get too excited based on our  recent record.

On the other hand maybe they will all blossom next season? I won't hold my breath though.

Our U21 squad is very young. We got thumped several times last season, I didn't agree with the tactics that were put out a lot of the time but people have to remember most of them are nowhere near 21. Also, it's ridiculously difficult to break into a League One winning side and a struggling Championship side

Don't disagree with anythiny you say there. However surely the only point in a development squad is to bring players through for the first team? If we are recruiting young players from outside our Academy and none of them get there what is it achieving?

I hope at some point we pick up one gem that makes it all worthwhile but hasn't happened yet is all I'm saying.

On 18 May 2016 at 13:39, bris red said:

Good to see us taking punts on these young'uns. Got to be realistic and admitt the majority wont blossom but you have to be in it to win it so to speak.. Wonder what we payed for him?

According to their forum we payed around 50k plus a sell on fee but who knows how accurate that is. Whatever we payed I doubt it will break the bank. Good luck to the kid

Archived