IGNORED

Paul Trollope (Merged)

bs20ciderarmy

I always felt he did a really solid job for Rovers. Made them a decent league one team. But as they were so close to us yet so far away they hounded him out. Eventually they were relegated out of the football league. Now they are celebrating being back to where Trollope once had them, a league they were so desperate to get out of when he was in charge they sacked him because he couldn't fulfil their wild ambitions. #gaslogic

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

I always felt he did a really solid job for Rovers. Made them a decent league one team. But as they were so close to us yet so far away they hounded him out. Eventually they were relegated out of the football league. Now they are celebrating being back to where Trollope once had them, a league they were so desperate to get out of when he was in charge they sacked him because he couldn't fulfil their wild ambitions. #gaslogic

I thought his appointment at Cardiff was a good one for them what with Slade "moving upstairs" still being there to help. At Rovers he had Lennie Lawrence as his backup and was doing a decent job for them. However when they decided to get rid of LL, Trollope seemed completely out of his depth. This would be a worry for me if I was a Cardiff fan (heaven forbid).

On 18 May 2016 at 11:01, Iron Man said:

Did okay for the sags, only got bombed out because they thought they were bigger than league 1 football.

But it's not really an appointment that will make the championship stand up and fear Cardiff.

Have to correct you on this, my friend. He did ok alongside Lennie Lawrence for us but as soon as Lennie was axed he was an absolute shambles. He signed average players on stupid money, and made some baffling selections.

It was HIS team that got relegated from League One in 2011, don't forget. With the budget he had (biggest in our history) he had a golden opportunity to get in the top 7 in L1 the season before that and blew it. The night we beat Southampton away we were 3rd in the league. He never replaced Lambert, that was his big failing. We brought in shit like Akinde (sorry, I know you guys like him but he's awful and there's a reason why he's been successful in non-league and not the professional ranks) and played long ball football to Jo Kuffour, a man who would make Kevin Hart look like a giant.

Good luck to Cardiff, you're going to need it. PT is a fantastic coach but an awful manager. 

23 hours ago, Just Red said:

Totally incorrect. PT was sacked as we were in free fall and the board rolled the dice on keeping us up. As it turned out, the board were ******* useless and went for a strong character to break up the cliques in the squad in Dave Penney, then sacked him when certain squad members complained, even giving one in particular a stint as manager himself. That went well.

1 hour ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Totally incorrect. PT was sacked as we were in free fall and the board rolled the dice on keeping us up. As it turned out, the board were ******* useless and went for a strong character to break up the cliques in the squad in Dave Penney, then sacked him when certain squad members complained, even giving one in particular a stint as manager himself. That went well.

No, you couldn't handle league one mid table obscurity because you couldn't get near us and that drove you all crazy. I remember it all extremely well. The same will happen again this time.

God knows what will happen to your club if we reach the premier league. All the in fighting will destroy your club.

2 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Have to correct you on this, my friend. He did ok alongside Lennie Lawrence for us but as soon as Lennie was axed he was an absolute shambles. He signed average players on stupid money, and made some baffling selections.

It was HIS team that got relegated from League One in 2011, don't forget. With the budget he had (biggest in our history) he had a golden opportunity to get in the top 7 in L1 the season before that and blew it. The night we beat Southampton away we were 3rd in the league. He never replaced Lambert, that was his big failing. We brought in shit like Akinde (sorry, I know you guys like him but he's awful and there's a reason why he's been successful in non-league and not the professional ranks) and played long ball football to Jo Kuffour, a man who would make Kevin Hart look like a giant.

Good luck to Cardiff, you're going to need it. PT is a fantastic coach but an awful manager. 

Bodes well for Cardiff then, he is in as a head coach with Russel Slade in a similar role to the one you had Lenny Lawrence in. 

Just a reminder, I know you've been away from the top three tiers for a while, but top 7 is irrelevant up here.

19 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Bodes well for Cardiff then, he is in as a head coach with Russel Slade in a similar role to the one you had Lenny Lawrence in. 

Just a reminder, I know you've been away from the top three tiers for a while, but top 7 is irrelevant up here.

Slade is gone. I think Foderingham is right; they went for it post Lawrence and Trollope failed and left them in a bad place. Not so bad it wasn't rescuable, but he did. 

That said he's had a lot more experience since at Brum and Cardiff so in spite I think he may yet prove a good appointment. 

What may prove difficult is Cardiff's expectations: as was difficult at Rovers. Top 10 is a success there. I don't think their fans will buy it though. Just as at Rovers it will take a lot of investment, and investment is clairevoyancy. 

3 hours ago, Just Red said:

No, you couldn't handle league one mid table obscurity because you couldn't get near us and that drove you all crazy. I remember it all extremely well. The same will happen again this time.

God knows what will happen to your club if we reach the premier league. All the in fighting will destroy your club.

With respect mate, that's total BS. There was a genuine 'hope' we could get closer at one point but at no point was anyone demanding Trollope be sacked 'because we couldn't get near you'. Don't forget that he was manager when you were 90 minutes away from the Premier League FFS. You might have found one or two lone voices saying that but they're the same idiots you get at every club, probably similar to some berk suggesting you lot should be in for Ibrahimovic now.

7 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

With respect mate, that's total BS. There was a genuine 'hope' we could get closer at one point but at no point was anyone demanding Trollope be sacked 'because we couldn't get near you'. Don't forget that he was manager when you were 90 minutes away from the Premier League FFS. You might have found one or two lone voices saying that but they're the same idiots you get at every club, probably similar to some berk suggesting you lot should be in for Ibrahimovic now.

Who says we aren`t?:yawn:

56 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Well Sheffield FC are in for him... 

I think it's a great appointment, I'm sure their season ticket sales are soaring with a gas reject in charge.

The trouble is its like Lord Charles without Ray Allan's hand up its ar5e without Lennie Lawrence pulling the strings.

Another slip down the slippery pole & before you know it they'll be up for sale and heading out the trap door to League 1 oblivion.

Archived