IGNORED

Football league propose 5 professional leagues of 20 teams

ciderbeans

2 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

Just said on ssn that it could see the introduction of premier league b teams. I bloody hope not! 

Yeah, and that's the bit that everyone was expecting, it just hadn't been confirmed until now.

It's an absolute ****in joke that this is even being considered if this is true. I hope every club votes against it. Wasn't too enamoured with the idea in the first place, this just confirms it.

How would the fixture list end at the same time.

If international breaks stay same as they are and no midweek games, does that mean a complete blank on international weeks or only certain divisions. For wouldn't that give an uneven number off games played between leagues when international breaks are on.

7 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

How would the fixture list end at the same time.

If international breaks stay same as they are and no midweek games, does that mean a complete blank on international weeks or only certain divisions. For wouldn't that give an uneven number off games played between leagues when international breaks are on.

Well they`re on about the JPT being played then so I suppose everyone gets the break. Who knows what`s in their heads.

As long as Celtic and rangers join from the bottom of the football league structure and don't get bumped straight up to championship! How would that be fair on the current football league clubs?

Also need Tuesday night football! Atmosphere of a night game is something that can't be matched on a Saturday afternoon. I love my Saturday afternoon but likewise a Tuesday night at the gate can be a special night.

get the impression they are trying to change for the sake of changing, danger will be the gaps between each league will be bigger not smaller

I'm going to keep an open mind until the pros and cons for our club and football as a whole become clearer.

One thing I would say is that I believe we play too much football in general in this country, and not just in the Premier division. I recall during our promotion season we had to play for 4 or 5 Tuesdays in a row at one point? Yes, we had JPT games but we also exited two cups early. Our players are asked to play a lot of football - and fans are asked to travel a lot of miles. Perhaps away attendances might increase with fewer trips to pay for?

It's easy to jump to the conclusion that this is about money and the Premier League without considering all aspects of the proposal. Certainly it'll be interesting to hear Lansdown's take on it.

Would B teams actually amass any support at games? I was just wondering if it would be a farcical situation where only one team had fans. Football support is about heritage, passion etc for your team, do the powers that be not realise that? 

I'm totally against B teams and feeder teams, leave our league alone :redcard::protest::bruce_h4h:

I'd be really angry if they did introduce them

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't involve the introduction of B Teams or the Bigot Brothers from Glasgow/Belfast.

That's pretty much what I think. I would be against B teams or Celtic/Rangers joining. Assuming that doesn't happen, 20 team divisions doesn't sound too outrageous to me.

Apologies in advance for bringing 'them' into this thread as well but imagine this was in effect prior to Sir Colin Daniels Day?  Perhaps that day would never had existed and no NLBR either.  It's easy if you try.

Then again they probably were still sh*t enough to be relegated from an 80 team Football League.

44 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Would B teams actually amass any support at games? I was just wondering if it would be a farcical situation where only one team had fans. Football support is about heritage, passion etc for your team, do the powers that be not realise that? 

I'm totally against B teams and feeder teams, leave our league alone :redcard::protest::bruce_h4h:

I'd be really angry if they did introduce them

Exactly. I'd be livid too. 

If B teams could be 100% ruled out and not happen then I'd keep an open mind about it, if 8 more non league clubs were to be added to the football league I think it could be good, a lot of teams there are at a standard that could be competitive. It could also reduce the amount of pointless teams/games in leagues as the season gets on, the middle ground being more likely to go up or down etc. Would be 3 up 3 down across all leagues as well, I do agree with some calls of congestion as well, players can only play Saturday/Tuesday for so long. 

On the JPT I'd like the to reverse the rule on player selection, rather than you're 7 most regular players having to play I'd say something like you can only play 5 of you're most common players or something, encourage teams to be able to try younger players to see who could make the step up and encourage the development of academies.

To be fair I dont think this is actually that bad. Makes leagues more interesting as they are tighter.

Fans more thought of not having Plymouth travelling up to Carlisle on a tuesday night.

Bottom tier teams getting group stage matches in JPT will make it a lot more enjoyable.

Its making the cup competitions mean something to the smaller clubs again and them being able to fill a full strengthed squad for them.

Celtic and Rangers to possibly come into play would be great not gonna lie it would be very interesting to see how they fare down South.

Fans finally being thought of.

5 hours ago, Gazred said:

Very interesting proposal. My first thought was less games equals less money, surely stressing the survival of smaller clubs or those without significant financial backing.

Another step towards elitism?

Nah, they'll just make the average price of a game more expensive.

The next cracking idea will be to make the Premiership a closed shop i.e. no matter how shite your team is, it never gets demoted.

I love night games.  

• All games should be midweek leaving weekends free for other stuff.
  • We should all revert to 3 day working week to enable fans to travel to away games.
  • Home fans should offer spare beds to travelling away fans with the gesture being reciprocated in the return fixture to promote peace and harmony.
  • Home fans to provide a hot meal along the lines of local speciality - away fans may have travelled some distance after all.and will not have had time to have their tea before they left.  
  • Special dispensation should be given by employers for that unexpected away win that has resulted in an impromtu bender and a no show at work the next day.  Employee should be able call in and take the day off as an 'away day' in the same way as people take a 'duvet day'.
  • More divisions?  Meh.

37 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

I love night games.  

• All games should be midweek leaving weekends free for other stuff.
  • We should all revert to 3 day working week to enable fans to travel to away games.
  • Home fans should offer spare beds to travelling away fans with the gesture being reciprocated in the return fixture to promote peace and harmony.
  • Home fans to provide a hot meal along the lines of local speciality - away fans may have travelled some distance after all.and will not have had time to have their tea before they left.  
  • Special dispensation should be given by employers for that unexpected away win that has resulted in an impromtu bender and a no show at work the next day.  Employee should be able call in and take the day off as an 'away day' in the same way as people take a 'duvet day'.
  • More divisions?  Meh.

What the hell is a duvet day?

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Promotion and relegation would be interesting, for clubs below the Premiership, with only 20 teams in each league. Assuming 3 clubs are promoted and 3 relegated, nearly every team would be either fighting to avoid relegation or fighting to reach the playoffs. Teams in the middle could be doing both at the same time!

You put your left leg in,left leg out,in out in out...........,

just like the cup final kicking off at 5.15, JUST LEAVE IT ALONE...as a kid pre sky and colour TV ! I used to love Cup Final day when it started on BBC at about 11.30 and broadcast till gone 5pm. The build up was fantastic and the old traditions like the guy in the white suit leading the community singing was all part of it, sadly a thing of the past now but just like our 1-0 win over Portsmouth its great to have the memory.and as for midweek matches, they were great, skanky rain and a few fags in crackers corner and a couple of pints in the Miners after the match, got to go now, Matron coming round.:ill:

Interested to know why so many are against Celtic and Rangers joining? It would have a terrible impact on Scottish football but I doubt that's the reason.

They are to two huge clubs that would really add something to the league - long trips for some, yes, but no further for northern teams than a trip to London and not much worse for us than visiting Newcastle.

Personally I would happily see them integrated, starting at League One level, and would look forward to potential trips there in the future.

All this talk of fixture congestion is bollocks. The league as it stands is fine, the "congestion" is a symptom of too many cup matches. If you're in L1 & L2 at the mo you're have FA Cup, League Cup & JPT games to juggle. 

How about getting rid of the League Cup instead? 

Archived