IGNORED

David Ginola has heart attack

Vincent Vega

Fortunately, the initial diagnosis appears to be incorrect.

It would seem he simply collapsed due to over-exerting himself (playing a friendly kick about football match, I believe) in the midday sun in the south of France.

He is now awake and has sent a message confirming he is well.

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:
  • He seems to be OK now thank God. Like he said, playing football in 24 degrees, not clever. Just watch yourself in future DG.

When I was playing football in Australia , 24 deg was considered cool

I played at a Spanish third div stadium back in August 1992, we kicked off at 12 noon! Both keepers keeled over in the first half and we had to have water breaks every 15 mins.....ridiculous kick off time looking back, we all felt faint continually during the game...

Hope DG is ok - what a top player he was over here....

24 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:
  • He seems to be OK now thank God. Like he said, playing football in 24 degrees, not clever. Just watch yourself in future DG.

24 degrees isn't exactly the Sahara is it! Kids up and down the country play in warmer weather than that on an ordinary summer's day.

Unfortunate for Ginola but I'm not sure staying inside on a pleasant day is the answer!

I've got a funny story regarding David Ginola...

A few years a go, me and the then wife, were holidaying with some friends down in the South of France, near St Paul de Vence.

We were all sunbathing, and swimming in the pool at the House we were staying ( my ex wifes bosses place )...plus we had been drinking wine all day...and I was a little sizzled.

Anyway...this voice appeared from over the garden wall...'Ello...would one like to join us for cocktails this evening?'

Without even looking up, I chimed up...no thanks mate, we've arranged to go out this evening...but thanks anyway? 'Ok...some other time, enjoy your evening' came back the reply.

I look up...my missus, my mate and his missus are all staring at me, with a 'WTF!' look on their faces... I go...'What'? confused...

'You just turned down Cocktails at David Ginola's pad you ****'....came back the reply from my mate.

To say the girls weren't best pleased was an understatement haha :-)

We did make up for it though...had drinks and canapé's around Roger Moore's house the same week...and that was a chance meeting too.

It's who you know and not what you know in the South of France it seems :-)

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

A few years a go, me and the then wife, were holidaying with some friends down in the South of France, near St Paul de Vence.

We were all sunbathing, and swimming in the pool at the House we were staying ( my ex wifes bosses place )...plus we had been drinking wine all day...and I was a little sizzled.

Anyway...this voice appeared from over the garden wall...'Ello...would one like to join us for cocktails this evening?'

Without even looking up, I chimed up...no thanks mate, we've arranged to go out this evening...but thanks anyway? 'Ok...some other time, enjoy your evening' came back the reply.

I look up...my missus, my mate and his missus are all staring at me, with a 'WTF!' look on their faces... I go...'What'? confused...

'You just turned down Cocktails at David Ginola's pad you ****'....came back the reply from my mate.

We did make up for it though...had drinks and canapé's around Roger Moore's house the same week...and that was a chance meeting too.

I had a spaniel called Reg and he put his cold nose right up Emma Freud's short skirt when she was rehearsing for a live show with Clive Anderson.

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

I played pool with Levi Stubbs and the Four Tops in a remote part of Majorca without knowing who they were until the game finished....really great blokes and a superb evening followed! 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I played pool with Levi Stubbs and the Four Tops in a remote part of Majorca without knowing who they were until the game finished....really great blokes and a superb evening followed! 

I think the funniest one that happened to me, not knowing who someone was...was when I went on a date with a girl I had met in Po na na's in Bristol.

We did date...she was wayyyyy too 'Arty' for me...so never saw her again...until one day I saw her on the series Casualty...Claire Goose!

Not many blokes can say they've dated a girl in FHM's top 100 ;-)

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think the funniest one that happened to me, not knowing who someone was...was when I went on a date with a girl I had met in Po na na's in Bristol.

We did date...she was wayyyyy too 'Arty' for me...so never saw her again...until one day I saw her on the series Casualty...Claire Goose!

Not many blokes can say they've dated a girl in FHM's top 100 ;-)

Good lad!!

44 minutes ago, spudski said:

I have a hilarious story that starts just like that, only it was in Bangkok....

• Admin
4 minutes ago, cynic said:

Apparently now had a quadruple heart bypass operation.

Something VERY odd about all this

He is confirmed as having a heart attack

Then his agent releases a statement saying it was heatstroke

Now we are told he had a cardiac arrest and is in a coma !!

17 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I had a spaniel called Reg and he put his cold nose right up Emma Freud's short skirt when she was rehearsing for a live show with Clive Anderson.

In other words, it was a Freudian sniff.

The latest is that David Ginola did, indeed, suffer a heart attack whilst playing football, nearly swallowed his tongue and, having received CPR from his friends, was transferred to hospital where he received a quadruple heart by-pass - in at 19H30 and out at 01H00.

He is recovering well and expected to leave hospital in days with no long term complications.

It would seem that his tweets were not from him personally!

Archived