IGNORED

Favourite City Songs from the terraces (Merged)

phantom

• Admin

OK - there end of the season isn't that far back, but already the start of next season being 11 weeks away seems like a long time already.

So lets put our minds to the test, and see how many DIFFERENT City songs we can remember from over the years

Simple rule - only one song per reply - that way we can see how many songs we know between us from all the years of following the reds......

I'll start off:

The w**ky  Bristol Rovers went to Rome to see the Pope,

The w**ky  Bristol Rovers went to Rome to see the Pope

And this is what he said.

F**k off!

Who's that team they call the Rovers,

Who's that team that never score,

And they play in Blue and White

And they are a load of shi*e

And Darrel Clarkes mother is a wh*re.

She's a wh*re

She's a wh*re

Darrel Clarkes mother is a wh*re.

The Doobie doobie doo song:

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh......doobie doobie doo, oh doobie doobie doo..... oh doobie doobie dum dum, doobie doobie dum dum, doobie doobie dum dum ....... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh......."

Original, unique, old school, sadly under used and neglected

7 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

The Doobie doobie doo song:

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh......doobie doobie doo, oh doobie doobie doo..... oh doobie doobie dum dum, doobie doobie dum dum, doobie doobie dum dum ....... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh......."

Original, unique, old school, sadly under used and neglected

Imagine my surprise on New Year's Day twenty years ago with the TV sound in the background. Suddenly out from the speaker came the above. It can be heard at the end of the film Tom Thumb with the bloke that was in Batman TV series. He either played The Riddler or the Joker.

My song ?

To the tune of Tulips From Amsterdam. ...

When it's spring again

I'll sing again

Gerty from Amsterdam.

(Our Dutch winger Gert Meyer in the Alan Dicks era).

22 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Imagine my surprise on New Year's Day twenty years ago with the TV sound in the background. Suddenly out from the speaker came the above. It can be heard at the end of the film Tom Thumb with the bloke that was in Batman TV series. He either played The Riddler or the Joker.

It features in the Tom Thumb film a fair bit as it's more or less his theme tune. I think it stars Tommy Steele although I can't remember for sure, despite owning the DVD for a while.

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

There's one about the dolman can't seem to remember the words :ph34r:

"Don't Leave Us This Way/Early, we can't survive, you leavin' at 4.45, without your songs, we can't exist, you will be missed, don't leave us this early........oooOOHHH, DOLMAN!! ................"

As I was walking down Stapleton Rd,singing,singing City are the champions,I saw Don Megson lying there,i o,i o,I said to him what's up my friend,he said the East End's here again,singing,singing City are the champions,singing,singing,City are the best.

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

"Don't Leave Us This Way/Early, we can't survive, you leavin' at 4.45, without your songs, we can't exist, you will be missed, don't leave us this early........oooOOHHH, DOLMAN!! ................"

Rings a bell Jack . But I don't think that's it . 

First ones of the top of my head.

If I had the wings ,etc

We had joy,we had fun we had Rvrs on the run,but the joy did not last cause the bustards ran so fast.

12 ,345 ,if you want to stay alive ,Keep of the East End

We don't carry razors,we don't carry lead,we only carry hatchets to bury in your head,Skins !

Im a bow legged chicken etc

Happy memories

Tip toe,through the East End,with your razor and your hob nail boots,we'll tiptoe through the East End with you.Tip toe through the Tote End,with your hand bag and your powder puff,we'll tiptoe through the Tote End with you.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

OK - there end of the season isn't that far back, but already the start of next season being 11 weeks away seems like a long time already.

So lets put our minds to the test, and see how many DIFFERENT City songs we can remember from over the years

Simple rule - only one song per reply - that way we can see how many songs we know between us from all the years of following the reds......

I'll start off:

The w**ky  Bristol Rovers went to Rome to see the Pope,

And this is what he said.

**** off!

Who's that team they call the Rovers,

Who's that team that never score,

And they play in Blue and White

And they are a load of shi*e

And Darrel Clarkes mother is a wh*re.

She's a wh*re

She's a wh*re

Darrel Clarkes mother is a wh*re.

Some great songs here ('if I had the wings' being a particular favourite). With all things 'retro' being the trend these days I think there should be a concerted effort from us all to sing them more often next season. Please join in if you hear me from the back of the SS!! 

(Yellow submarine),

In the town, that I was borne

Lives a team, and they are great,

Bristol City is their name, and they play at Ashton Gate

2           3          4

We all piss in a blue and white pot,  a blue and white pot,  a blue and white pot ,   etc....

Used to enjoy the Tinman song.

"All hate Bristol Rovers clap your hands" was sung both home and away for many years.

On a slightly separate note I always used to like it when that guy who played the bugle in the Dolman. Whatever happened to the Dolman bugler?

Archived