IGNORED

Heffernan - Would You?

RedM

Sorry I couldn't resist!

It will be interesting who would though! :whistle:

Not doing anything for me at the moment, although he has a lovely accent, only bettered by a Scot. And we will have one less of those if Lee P leaves ( but he sounded terrible anyway, so i'm not bothered).

I'll wait and see Heff 'in the flesh' so to speak before making further judgement! :dunno::D

And we will have one less of those if Lee P leaves ( but he sounded terrible anyway, so i'm not bothered).

You will have two Scotsmen if Leapy leaves, you will have Miller & Murray.

Agreed though, when I read on the main website that he was from Paisley, i already knew the kind of accent I expected, but when I listened to a radio interview with him, I had no idea where he was from. :whistle:

So the English ladies like the Scottish accent. Me personally ive always wanted a Geordie accent, Wa'aye man :dunno:

Lee P's accent is just weird, sounds to manchester for me. Scott murray is great, but talks very fast. I have never heard Lee say a word, not one. :dunno:

Charles Kennedy ( Lib Dem leader thingy) was on TV today, I could listen to him all day, shame he was talking politics!

The Scots accent is said to be the top or one of the top in the uk, I think thats why so may call centres are based there as you are trusted by everyone. Although many of the call centres have moved to India now, which is disappointing when I phone up! :whistle:

The Bristol accent is terrible, the only person who could love that is another Bristolian! The only accent worse is the really Welsh one, from the valleys! :P Oh, I don't like a really Brummie one either. :P

The Geordie one is ok, but you can't take them seriously after Gazza.

Lee P's accent is just weird, sounds to manchester for me. Scott murray is great, but talks very fast. I have never heard Lee say a word, not one. :city:

Charles Kennedy ( Lib Dem leader thingy) was on TV today, I could listen to him all day, shame he was talking politics!

The Scots accent is said to be the top or one of the top in the uk, I think thats why so may call centres are based there as you are trusted by everyone. Although many of the call centres have moved to India now, which is disappointing when I phone up! :D

The Bristol accent is terrible, the only person who could love that is another Bristolian! The only accent worse is the really Welsh one, from the valleys! :P Oh, I don't like a really Brummie one either. :P

The Geordie one is ok, but you can't take them seriously after Gazza.

I have to admit i have heard a few people say they like the Scottish accent.

Scott Murray has an Aberdeen accent, which would make it hard for me to pick up what he is saying, never mind an English person. I have a few interviews with Lee on Bristol City World, and he sounds different than when you speak to him in person, he is proper spoken in interviews, but when he is with the boys he is just plain old Lee Miller.

I heard about the call centre thing, there was a news bulletin up here when a man called a call centre to ask why his train was delayed in Scotland, and he was put through to a man in India who told him it was a line fault. Why didnt the driver tell them this :dunno:

I have to admit I struggled to understand the Bristolian accent when I was down, I think people were taking about us when we were in the East End, but we didnt understand them so we didnt take offence :P

As for Charles Kennedy, I have heard people say he talks alot of things, but never politics :whistle:

Guest Bristol_Babe
I have to admit i have heard a few people say they like the Scottish accent.

Scott Murray has an Aberdeen accent, which would make it hard for me to pick up what he is saying, never mind an English person. I have a few interviews with Lee on Bristol City World, and he sounds different than when you speak to him in person, he is proper spoken in interviews, but when he is with the boys he is just plain old Lee Miller.

I heard about the call centre thing, there was a news bulletin up here when a man called a call centre to ask why his train was delayed in Scotland, and he was put through to a man in India who told him it was a line fault. Why didnt the driver tell them this :o

I have to admit I struggled to understand the Bristolian accent when I was down, I think people were taking about us when we were in the East End, but we didnt understand them so we didnt take offence :P

As for Charles Kennedy, I have heard people say he talks alot of things, but never politics :city:

Firstly, what a quality post!

Being Bristolian I do have the accent although I have tried to curb it for many years. I can't do it though. So I learn new words. The online Bristol dictionary will helped loads... Online Bristolian Dictionary

And just to add to the opinion that girls like scots accents - I indeed enjoy the soft dulcet tones of a Scot, although I think I'll marry a Welshman as the accent is fantastic... or a Geordie as the accent isn't too bad either (Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly - *swoon######)

Whether they'd understand "gert" and "macky" and "luvverrr" remains to be seen... :o

Guest Bristol_Babe

Sorry RedM, I forgot to answer the nature of this post. "Heffy" isn't really my type I'm afraid... But I wouldn't say no to Ritchie Humphries from Hartlepool. :):D L..O..L

Archived