IGNORED

Wade Elliott out?

Mike B_arnes

5 minutes ago, Mike B_arnes said:

I'm not saying that I don't like the man, I've never met him but it was a rather odd appointment and there are plenty of fans on here who were in uproar when he was announced.

"Plenty of fans on here (OTIB)" means an indeterminate number and probably less than 0.01% of our supporter base. The significant majority of fans probably do not have any strong view one way or another about  Mark Ashton.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

"Plenty of fans on here (OTIB)" means an indeterminate number and probably less than 0.01% of our supporter base. The significant majority of fans probably do not have any strong view one way or another about  Mark Ashton.

As a fan who lives in BS3 I would say a high percentage of my fellow bcfc neighbours felt that Ashton's appointment came from nowhere, SL obviously felt it was the right one and I'm sure that we will see Ashton's influence during the summer months when players are bought or loaned. 

4 hours ago, City169 said:

I'm not the one saying I don't like ashton, or calling him dubious, merely attempting to guess what was behind that title, base on the reasons given for the uproar on here when he joined

He left a pretty poor taste in the mouth of Watford fans, but seems to have changed since then.

10 minutes ago, City169 said:

Yeah, seems to have done a good job at Oxford, not sure what the issue was with Watford

For me it's the weird road layout they've got where the shopping centre seems to be in the middle of a roundabout, I always get confused - miss the car park turning and end up back on the road to Tesco's...

In all seriousness, we appear to have a modern "football man" at the top for a change so I'm hopeful of a difference being made. 

If that means that we get treated more seriously by agents, clubs and the outside world then great. 

On 5/26/2016 at 15:40, southvillekiddy said:

Takes me back mate. Didn't think they existed anymore. You'll get me all moist-eyed talking about queuing up at the counter at the Coop on Raleigh Road next.

Weaver to Wearer and TailorFit, I had a mohair suit in silver from there, under a strobe light in a disco you could see all the fluff and hair on it, no,  I don't mean crumpet.

Wade Elliot is a smart guy, articulate and very experienced in professional football and well suited for the U21 job it would seem. That said if LJ doesn't rate him then its cheerio......shame but only because I like his interviews.

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I saw him walking along past Cosmos while I was eating in there about 6 months ago. Can't remember what he was wearing but he was going in the direction of Forbidden Planet. I believe it was him. It was raining. The food was good, but it was only the lunch service. 6/10

I understand he was searching out back copies of Viz to complete his collection. I suggest that means he will be Rafa`s No. 2 at Newcastle.

Archived