IGNORED

Barnsley v Millwall

Ivorguy

41 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

The gas will be of course. 

So potential there for North Bristol to get the Millwall experience. 

Who cares ?

Aizoon possibly …

Keeping Horace off their ankles will be the real problem.

56 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

The Arsene Wenger approach? Sincerely glad hat we won't be entertaining them next season.

Why? It's much more interesting than Barnsley. Yet another northern side that we've played recently.. Will bring about 500 fans down here and visa versa.

Millwall? Haven't played them as recently, a good atmosphere in games vs them, another London trip to replace Charlton and both sides will probably bring over 1000 to the respective games. Surely a better option.

14 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Cheers. You don't always have to be politically correct you know. Have you ever been to Millwall? 

I know I'm not on the Bristol Rovers thread but I've been to the Old Den 3 times .. great experience. . Great atmosphere 

22 hours ago, cynic said:

Other than the fact that 50k different people have watched City at home this season.

Good stat, not sure how you have optained that. The fact is we could have put that many fair weather, glory hunting fans, in Wembley stadium in one day/match, let alone a whole season. The same glory fans that clogged the Internet and phone lines to stop the real fans from getting hands on tickets. These fans who insistently, went back to wearing their Liverpool/Man u shirts the day after our playoff defeat. 

4 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

Good stat, not sure how you have optained that. The fact is we could have put that many fair weather, glory hunting fans, in Wembley stadium in one day/match, let alone a whole season. The same glory fans that clogged the Internet and phone lines to stop the real fans from getting hands on tickets. These fans who insistently, went back to wearing their Liverpool/Man u shirts the day after our playoff defeat. 

Pretty sure I seen about the 50,000 different being watching last season too maybe somewhere on Bristol sport page or quotes from an interview can't remember where but he hasn't just made it up

13 minutes ago, Posset red said:

Pretty sure I seen about the 50,000 different being watching last season too maybe somewhere on Bristol sport page or quotes from an interview can't remember where but he hasn't just made it up

No I'm sure it is a true stat. Not questioning it whatsoever. Just pointing out we could have got 50,000 ( who don't watch city with any regularity) in Wembley in one matchday let alone a full season. 

6 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

No I'm sure it is a true stat. Not questioning it whatsoever. Just pointing out we could have got 50,000 ( who don't watch city with any regularity) in Wembley in one matchday let alone a full season. 

Easily ! What did we have for the jpt last season had to be 40,000 plus ?

10 minutes ago, Posset red said:

Easily ! What did we have for the jpt last season had to be 40,000 plus ?

That's true. But again I would imagine there would have been a far higher percentage of true fans going to JPT. 

It doesn't quite have the same appeal to the "sing when we're wining fan" that the playoff final did  

On 30 May 2016 at 08:48, Robbored said:

I get your point but are Milwall fans still causing problems whoever they go? They're reputation seems to have faded in recent years. Maybe the dockers are just getting older and not so enthusiastic about kicking off al the time.

They certainly seem well up for a rumble still...this was Bury away this season...

Saw this and thought what a good job the stewards / security did 

Blimey they had a tough day and earnt their money !

Ps - Keep an eye out at 5m45s for Wall fan in blue shirt giving it the big one at the front of the group getting sparked out by a Yorkshire right hander !!

Terrible shame

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Saw this and thought what a good job the stewards / security did 

Blimey they had a tough day and earnt their money !

Ps - Keep an eye out at 5m45s for Wall fan in blue shirt giving it the big one at the front of the group getting sparked out by a Yorkshire right hander !!

Terrible shame

Shame I can't view it now boooo

42 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Exactly.

Why, and where, has it gone?

What a joke !!! 

Been blocked by Football League (Copyright)

All it showed was what happened on the upper tier - not a moment of the game

What it did show was the extent of the trouble and the fact that twenty or so stewards / security saved  a lot of the violence at their own expense / bravery some of them must have had a few injuries

Repeatedly held back Millwall attempts to break through their thin line to get to a group of Barnsley fans

Met Police nowhere to be seen until the incident had been going 10 mins or so

Archived