IGNORED

Barnsley v Millwall

Ivorguy

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Lee will know Barnsley inside out so we should  have a good chance of getting some points off them next year .

They did look a good unit. I think it will depend on who stays - chances of them keeping Mawson, Hourihane, Winnall and Hamill must have gone up massively now. I can see Saints and Man Utd being happy to loan Isgrove and Fletcher out again too now they`re in the championship.

I can`t see them struggling next season - mid table I should think if they don`t have to rebuild too much, a bit like Preston this season. Millwall I think would have found it hard if they`d gone up.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Police forces around the country breathing a sigh of relief tonight. Millwall visiting Leeds, Cardiff, Newcastle, Brum/Villa/Wolves, Forest plus us of course, would have been interesting. 

Shame though, Barnsley are much more boring and further away for the majority of our support.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

They did look a good unit. I think it will depend on who stays - chances of them keeping Mawson, Hourihane, Winnall and Hamill must have gone up massively now. I can see Saints and Man Utd being happy to loan Isgrove and Fletcher out again too now they`re in the championship.

I can`t see them struggling next season - mid table I should think if they don`t have to rebuild too much, a bit like Preston this season. Millwall I think would have found it hard if they`d gone up.

They will have one of the smallest budgets though, at a guess.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Police forces around the country breathing a sigh of relief tonight. Millwall visiting Leeds, Cardiff, Newcastle, Brum/Villa/Wolves, Forest plus us of course, would have been interesting. 

Would imagine Staffordshire police are quite glad they`re not visiting Burton again too. Although they will have all of the above to deal with instead!

5 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Given how the second half of their season panned out, I would hazard a guess that they weren't too upset he left.

Indeed not, they seem happy to give all the credit to his replacement Heckingbottom who seems universally popular.

Unlike LJ, who failed to convince his many doubters during some good and some extremely bad times managing Barnsley, to the extent many fans were quite happy to see him leave for AG.

Anyway, well done to Barnsley, a great day for them and there won't be too many sorry that Millwall are staying down.

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Indeed not, they seem happy to give all the credit to his replacement Heckingbottom who seems universally popular.

A Barnsley fan who has been watching them since he was 7, who took over when they were improving and they then had title winning form under him, no wonder he's popular..

13 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I get your point but are Milwall fans still causing problems whoever they go? They're reputation seems to have faded in recent years. Maybe the dockers are just getting older and not so enthusiastic about kicking off al the time.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I get your point but are Milwall fans still causing problems whoever they go? They're reputation seems to have faded in recent years. Maybe the dockers are just getting older and not so enthusiastic about kicking off al the time.

Well clearly it isn't the 80s anymore but for modern times, there's still a disproportionate amount of issues with Millwall.

Look at yesterday when they charged into the top tier at Wembley, I can't think of another club that would do that vs a club that isn't a fierce rival.

Really disappointing from Neil Harris, when asked if he condemned the behaviour from fans he simply said, "Next question". 

I get that he doesn't want to antagonise his own supporters, but a simple "I haven't seen it, so it's difficult to condemn something without knowing about it" would have been a much more professional answer.

11 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Really disappointing from Neil Harris, when asked if he condemned the behaviour from fans he simply said, "Next question". 

I get that he doesn't want to antagonise his own supporters, but a simple "I haven't seen it, so it's difficult to condemn something without knowing about it" would have been a much more professional answer.

That's pretty much what he meant though, also - think of the circumstances. He's gone through a long season, all the emotional turmoil of a playoff defeat so all his hard work has been for nothing. Probably was the last thing on his mind.

Totally unacceptable behaviour in 2016

Football IS family entertainment and no families with children should be subject to such loutish behaviour

Stringent measures must be taken by Football League against Millwall, suggest docking of points for next season

2 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Maybe this has something to do with his silence. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/26/millwall-manager-neil-harris-asks-fans-for-hostile-atmosphere-in/

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Further to above reference from Telegraph, even more reason for stringent action against the club as a whole

Quite irresponsible of Harris

it was totally unnecessary as if Millwall fans need that sort of reminder?, it's a bit like saying to Gazza "i'll meet you in the pub" or Pete Doherty "i'll meet you in the crack house" or Adam Johnson "i'll meet you by the school gates"............................................

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Further to above reference from Telegraph, even more reason for stringent action against the club as a whole

Quite irresponsible of Harris

No  worse than our very own LJ demanded from us at Ashton Gate which caused Colin to have a hissy fit in the media .

Don't think Harris was suggesting physical or material violence .

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

No  worse than our very own LJ demanded from us at Ashton Gate which caused Colin to have a hissy fit in the media .

Don't think Harris was suggesting physical or material violence .

These are Millwall fans, the only word in the whole piece by Harris that they would have  read is 'hostile'.

Millwall fans don't need that sort of rallying call, some sets of fans do.

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

These are Millwall fans, the only word in the whole piece by Harris that they would have  read is 'hostile'.

Millwall fans don't need that sort of rallying call, some sets of fans do.

They're not fans. They're pathetic individuals brought up in the arse end of a crappy place to live, probably by appalling parents and have mates you wouldn't trust with your last fiver. No surprise they have no morals or respect. 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

They're not fans. They're pathetic individuals brought up in the arse end of a crappy place to live, probably by appalling parents and have mates you wouldn't trust with your last fiver. No surprise they have no morals or respect. 

Most convicted football hooligans seem to be professionals with jobs, families and a reasonable standard of living.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

51k for the L1 final.

Plymouth have sold 34k and Wimbledon 21k with POTD at Wembley.

Looks as if the L2 final will have a bigger attendance than L1.

Does that mean that today's winner goes straight to the Championship instead of Barnsley, or have I misunderstood this attendance thing? ;)

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

And the most ignorantly simplistic, generalisation award goes too…

8 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

The Arsene Wenger approach? Sincerely glad hat we won't be entertaining them next season.

8 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

The Arsene Wenger approach? Sincerely glad hat we won't be entertaining them next season.

The gas will be of course. 

So potential there for North Bristol to get the Millwall experience. 

Who cares ?

Aizoon possibly …

Archived