IGNORED

Welsh Squad

KernowRed

When did Wes burns sign for Walsall?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36414580

Wales Euro 2016 squad:

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Danny Ward (Liverpool), Owain Fon Williams (Inverness).

Defenders: Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur), Neil Taylor (Swansea City), Chris Gunter (Reading), Ashley Williams (Captain, Swansea), James Chester (West Brom), Ashley Richards (Fulham), Paul Dummett (Newcastle), Adam Matthews (Sunderland), James Collins (West Ham).

Midfielders: Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Joe Ledley (Crystal Palace), David Vaughan (Nottingham Forest), Joe Allen (Liverpool), David Cotterill (Birmingham City), Jonathan Williams (Crystal Palace), George Williams (Fulham), Andy King (Leicester), Emyr Huws (Wigan), Dave Edwards (Wolves).

Forwards: Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading), Sam Vokes (Burnley), Simon Church (Nottingham Forest), Wes Burns (Walsall).

Obviously a small error, don't think it was worth making a new thread about.

Would be great if Wes makes the cut though, they don't have brilliant striking options and Wes' pace and versatility should give him a chance. Sadly I don't think he'll make it but would be great if he did.

Picture this , Wes bursts onto the international scene. 

Outscores Bale and becomes the object of a transfer tug o war between Real Madrid and Manchester Untied .

Starting at ten million and increasing each day as the two Collosusses of football attempt to outbid each other for young Wes.

Is that what you want ?

No , best he stays at home and gets himself rested and fit for his break through season at Ashton Gate which will, most probably , see us promoted to the Prem at the end .

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Picture this , Wes bursts onto the international scene. 

Outscores Bale and becomes the object of a transfer tug o war between Real Madrid and Manchester Untied .

Starting at ten million and increasing each day as the two Collosusses of football attempt to outbid each other for young Wes.

Is that what you want ?

No , best he stays at home and gets himself rested and fit for his break through season at Ashton Gate which will, most probably , see us promoted to the Prem at the end .

The problem there Major, is that Real and United will be busy badgering Walsall to sell him. 

I blame LJ

Since there is a topic on it now, Wes chances may be getting greater of making it. Tom Lawrence is out with an ankle injury who plays in similar positions. Then there is Joe Ledley who is a doubt. They play different positions but maybe that opens up another for Wes to make. I wonder when they will announce their final squad. 

50 minutes ago, KernowRed said:

When did Wes burns sign for Walsall?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36414580

Wales Euro 2016 squad:

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Danny Ward (Liverpool), Owain Fon Williams (Inverness).

Defenders: Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur), Neil Taylor (Swansea City), Chris Gunter (Reading), Ashley Williams (Captain, Swansea), James Chester (West Brom), Ashley Richards (Fulham), Paul Dummett (Newcastle), Adam Matthews (Sunderland), James Collins (West Ham).

Midfielders: Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Joe Ledley (Crystal Palace), David Vaughan (Nottingham Forest), Joe Allen (Liverpool), David Cotterill (Birmingham City), Jonathan Williams (Crystal Palace), George Williams (Fulham), Andy King (Leicester), Emyr Huws (Wigan), Dave Edwards (Wolves).

Forwards: Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading), Sam Vokes (Burnley), Simon Church (Nottingham Forest), Wes Burns (Walsall).

changed it now:city:

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Other than Bale , they lack pace in their forward line if they don't take Wes .

I agree.

They should stick to what they are good at.

Play the diamond, with a pair of snappy sheep-dogs tucked in behind Larry and Sean.

This gives them bite and pace.

Keep it simple.

:yes:

Uncle TFR @Wellies.porking

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

Serious question: Bale aside (maybe), how many of those payers would make the England squad?

About ten of them (including their captain), are really English anyway, but to answer your question, one.

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

Serious question: Bale aside (maybe), how many of those payers would make the England squad?

Williams and Ramsey without doubt.

In Bale they have a world class player, which is something we lack. 

I've read that Zidane thinks Bale is capable of winning the match with us by himself. Smalling vs Bale. I am not looking forward to that one percent. 

On paper, we ought to beat them and they have little or no tournament experience within the side. But it's 11 v 11, their game will be raised v England and as Leicester have proved all season, it's a team game. 

Good luck to Wes, I would love to see him go and play against England. Danny Rose could have his work cut out!

Unlucky Wes.

Goalkeepers (3): Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Owain Fon Williams.

Defenders (7): Chris Gunter, James Chester, Ashley Williams, Ben Davies, Neil Taylor, James Collins, Jazz Richards.

Midfielders (8): Joe Allen, Joe Ledley, Aaron Ramsey, Andy King, David Edwards, Jonny Williams, David Vaughan, George Williams.

Forwards (5): Gareth Bale, Hal Robson-Kanu, Sam Vokes, Simon Church, David Cotterill.

8 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Wes not in the squad.... :(

Would have got in had he played for Bristol City and not Walsall!

What other Walsall players got into a Euro squad? I rest my case!

Archived