IGNORED

Welsh Squad

KernowRed

I've got no clue how George Williams has made it over him other than his parent club has been in the premier league recently. He's not very good and has only managed 14 games at the senior level since 2015 started. Think all in League 1 as well. With a grand total of 1 goal in his entire senior career and Wales matches from U17 up and that was for Wales U19. So yea, a travesty he's going over Wes. 

How can joe ledley be fit after breaking his leg 24 days ago? 

Regards wes burns it shows how important it was for him to get game time at fleetwood to even be in with a chance at getting in squad. Hopefully he might still make it if  Robson-kanu is injured?

10 hours ago, Swede said:

Can't believe Wes didn't make the squad, especially looking at some of the trash Coleman picked.

I'm surprised he didn't pick Ian Rush.

Talk about Colemanballs

I,m afraid its jobs for the boyos 

In Wes's position, the only person you might argue Wes is ahead of is Simon Church.  Ignoring the world class Bale -  Robson-Jerome, Vokes and Cotterill are all Championship players of experience.  Church has also played a lot of games in the Champ, albeit his goals record is poor, but he has just come off a decent spell at Aberdeen.

I would've loved to see Wes get selected, but realistically he was always behind those 5.  Had Bradshaw been fit, I suspect he would've been behind him too.  That is no slur on Wes, but I can't see what Coleman has done wrong by Wes.

Wes is still on stand-by (isn't he), and if someone gets injured, which always seems to happen at last minute, then he is in with a shout.  I hope he has had a good training camp, and put himself in Coleman's future plans.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In Wes's position, the only person you might argue Wes is ahead of is Simon Church.  Ignoring the world class Bale -  Robson-Jerome, Vokes and Cotterill are all Championship players of experience.  Church has also played a lot of games in the Champ, albeit his goals record is poor, but he has just come off a decent spell at Aberdeen.

I would've loved to see Wes get selected, but realistically he was always behind those 5.  Had Bradshaw been fit, I suspect he would've been behind him too.  That is no slur on Wes, but I can't see what Coleman has done wrong by Wes.

Wes is still on stand-by (isn't he), and if someone gets injured, which always seems to happen at last minute, then he is in with a shout.  I hope he has had a good training camp, and put himself in Coleman's future plans.

Maybe a tournament too soon?

Love Wes as a player and what he brings to the game, but let's be fair we haven't had the chance to see enough of him yet to know what he is REALLY about

Hopefully next season will be his "break through" at City, then over the next qualifying campaign he can firmly stake his claim for the World Cup in 2018.

At least he won't have to play against England :ph34r:

Not followed the Welsh squad that closely, but from comments already in this thread, is Wes on standby? Anyone 50/50?

When he went out on loan to Fleetwood. I suspect the last thing on Wes's mind ( and every City fan) was consideration for the Welsh Euro squad.

Hopefully the fact that he got into the final training squad will be a tremendous boost for his confidence, and that this will carry forward to preseason and his performances for us next season  and will outweigh the disappointment of not making the final squad.

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Maybe a tournament too soon?

Love Wes as a player and what he brings to the game, but let's be fair we haven't had the chance to see enough of him yet to know what he is REALLY about

Hopefully next season will be his "break through" at City, then over the next qualifying campaign he can firmly stake his claim for the World Cup in 2018.

At least he won't have to play against England :ph34r:

Not followed the Welsh squad that closely, but from comments already in this thread, is Wes on standby? Anyone 50/50?

Hal Robson-Kanu has a knock, Wes still with the squad as cover.

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

Robson-Kanu has a 'slight issue' and unlikely to be risked for the Slovakia game.

Wes is being taken as striker back up for the game, but that'll be it for Wes provided Robson-Kanu has recovered.

If his 'slight issue' isn't resolved, or becomes more of a worry, we can assume Wes could yet feature in the squad.

Always the possibility of further injuries too.

3 minutes ago, JM91 said:

I don't really think you can make a case for Wes Burns to be in the Wales squad unless you think he should start for us every week.

He has only started three matches for us.

I don't think we need to make a case, he's done very well at U.21 level and has been in the full squad before. 

It's a natural progression to be pressing for a place for this tournament, and of course Wales don't have limitless forwards to choose from.

52 minutes ago, JM91 said:

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pressing for a place - tick, he's done that.

Getting a place - as above, not ahead of the 5 selected.

Be great though if Robson-Kanu dies have to pull out and Wes got his place.

:shocking:

• Admin
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't think we need to make a case, he's done very well at U.21 level and has been in the full squad before. 

It's a natural progression to be pressing for a place for this tournament, and of course Wales don't have limitless forwards to choose from.

Yes he has done well for the U21's, scoring 6 in 16 appearances. 

But worth remembering that he hasn't made an actual matchday squad for the full team yet.

He was called up to the training squad for the Bosnia / Andorra games as a replacement for the injured David Cotterill but never made it to the final 23 man match day squad.

As I wrote above, personally think this tournament came slightly too soon for him, get himself a regular in our first team and it will all come for the 2018 WC squad

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Church has also played a lot of games in the Champ, albeit his goals record is poor, but he has just come off a decent spell at Aberdeen.

Despite his poor goal return I've always quite rated him. He reminds me of a Heskey at this level; not prolific in himself but what he brings to the squad and the matchday more than compensates.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Pressing for a place - tick, he's done that.

Getting a place - as above, not ahead of the 5 selected.

Be great though if Robson-Kanu dies have to pull out and Wes got his place.

You might want to change that last bit.

Archived