IGNORED

Safe level of banana consumption

On 31 May 2016 at 12:59, Taxi for Rennie said:

I am aware there has been a high level of concern on the forum recently about what is a safe level of banana consumption.

I am always here to help, so have spoken to a dietician at Kings College London, to clear up any possible confusion.

Lots of you are concerned about potassium poisoning. As bananas are rich in potassium, this appears to have caused some confusion. For example, I think I can recall a degree of panic  being caused by Collis1 claiming 7 bananas could be lethal.

Well. Catherine Collins (at Kings College) has reassured me that - in fact - you would need to eat around 400 bananas in one sitting to potentially provide enough potassium to kill a human.

This is not an invitation to try to eat 400 bananas all at once to prove me wrong (in any case, most fruit stalls / medium sized super markets do not stock this many bananas). However - there is no need to be 'scared to reach for the fruit bowl'.

Enjoy your fruit.

;)

Uncle TFR

Hi Uncle,

Here is my contribution to this thread, banana's prove conclusively the existence of god, so that is good enough for me, banana's are good, these 2 guys sound to me as if they know exactly what they are talking about.

Yours

Cousin Es

On 31 mai 2016 at 15:58, Taxi for Rennie said:

Toffee = sugar = :death:

Apples are good. On this basis, or you remove the toffee, and give it to Colin, all is well.

Cider is also OK, but no more than 14 units a week. Not all in one go, and with three Cider-free days a week.

Dips, frankly, are for shirt-lifters. If you must, organic humus, and the veg is OK. Just don't overdo the raw stuff too much. God invented steamers for a reason.

Other food groups are available.

Uncle TFR

My doctor said I should n't drink alcohol for 24 hours so Monday, Tuesday Wednesday between midnight and 8 am I don't touch à drop.

On 5/31/2016 at 14:59, Taxi for Rennie said:

I am aware there has been a high level of concern on the forum recently about what is a safe level of banana consumption.

I am always here to help, so have spoken to a dietician at Kings College London, to clear up any possible confusion.

Lots of you are concerned about potassium poisoning. As bananas are rich in potassium, this appears to have caused some confusion. For example, I think I can recall a degree of panic  being caused by Collis1 claiming 7 bananas could be lethal.

Well. Catherine Collins (at Kings College) has reassured me that - in fact - you would need to eat around 400 bananas in one sitting to potentially provide enough potassium to kill a human.

This is not an invitation to try to eat 400 bananas all at once to prove me wrong (in any case, most fruit stalls / medium sized super markets do not stock this many bananas). However - there is no need to be 'scared to reach for the fruit bowl'.

Enjoy your fruit.

;)

Uncle TFR

Wow thanks for this info. But I guess eating 400 bananas a day is impossible. But like what they say, too much will kill you.

Archived