IGNORED

Bristol City Vespa for Sale

oldstandrobin

With approval from the moderators of this forum, a lot of OTIB members know that last year I restored an Italian 1966 Vespa 150 Sprint to commemorate City's JPT win and subsequent promotion to the Championship. Being retired, my daughter has asked my wife and I to come and live with them and our 4 grand-kids in Italy. Sadly all my collection of Lambretta's and Vespa's will be sold including the BCFC scooter. Rather than just advertising it and getting calls from City fans after it has gone, I am giving City fans the opportunity of buying a classic scooter dedicated to our club. If you are interested, please PM me and I will give you the details.

Photo0139.jpg

Photo0140.jpg

Photo0141.jpg

Photo0142.jpg

Photo0143.jpg

Photo0144.jpg

Photo0145.jpg

Photo0146.jpg

Photo0147.jpg

That's one hellova journey to home matches from Italy!

Seriously good luck to you mate, those pics took me right back to 1969 ........16 years old Lambretta TV175 metallic green / chrome side panels ancelloti exhaust.....sigh where does the time go !!

Cheers Guys, it is a wrench but think I will be taking my 1966 Lambtretta LI 150 Special with me. ( Repainted in Lazio colours !!!) Vespa is selling for £3750 to City supporters £3995 if it goes public or £300,000 to Steve L ( sorry badger, but needs must ):whistle:

IMG_9642.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9607.jpg

8 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Cheers Guys, it is a wrench but think I will be taking my 1966 Lambtretta LI 150 Special with me. ( Repainted in Lazio colours !!!) Vespa is selling for £3750 to City supporters £3995 if it goes public or £300,000 to Steve L ( sorry badger, but needs must ):whistle:

IMG_9642.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9607.jpg

Outstanding work.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Now that is a classy scooter chief!

Outstanding!

Best of luck in Italy .... I'm sure you'll stay in touch on here!

will do just hope I can get internet in my daughters house, should be ok as she runs an online business so I wont go down without a struggle !!

13 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

will do just hope I can get internet in my daughters house, should be ok as she runs an online business so I wont go down without a struggle !!

I'm not sure if they've got electricity in Italy yet, let alone the Internet! 

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

IMG_9642.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9607.jpg

THAT is awesome.......series 3 Lambretta, doesn't get any better. Love the 5 Air Horns.

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Why not take it back home with you? No better way of making friends and influencing people in Italy than riding around on something like that!!

...and if anyone know @italian dave should know.

Good luck in Italy.  Lovely scooter.

(Lazio, bit racist though?  Do you bear any resemblance to Il Duce?)

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Cheers Guys, it is a wrench but ill be taking my 1966 Lambretta  LI 150 Special with me. ( Repainted in Lazio colours !!!) Vespa is selling for £3750 to City supporters £3995 if it goes public or £300,000 to Steve L ( sorry badger, but needs must ):whistle:

IMG_9642.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9607.jpg

....fantastic bikes mate, you made a great job made of them - be proud.

Have a brilliant new life in Italy.

Just one thing about the above scooter though, the mirrors and lights look good but maybe it has a few too many horns for Italian tastes ....

....surely you know that 'just one hornetto' is enough for them? .... :sub: 

6 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

Now if you weren't going to Italy, I would offer my GTS300 as part exchange.  But that isn't going to work is it...

Unlike a few people, I like all scooters but obviously as a mod from the 60's, the vintage scoots are my love. Mind you, bought a brand new PX125 a few years back and put a Malossi 166 kit on and modded it up. Went like a bat out of hell even with the missus on the back and 20 tons of bling.At one time when a publican I had 14 scoots in the collection but now down to 6. Never had a GTS300 though, few friends have them and really rate them but will stick to the vintage !! Have fun on it and get a vintage one day, you'll turn heads in Caldicot ( lived there in the 70's in Troddi Close )

The most vintage I've had is a 70s Primavera with about 6 PXs too (including a 210 Malossi kitted one most recently).  The GTS is a real revelation: i always said that I'd "never go gay" (it's a scooter thing children...) but absolutely love the GTS.  Open her up on a motorway and you're grinning for hours. 

Live round the corner from Troddi Close although only moved here 16 years ago.  Have fun in Italy, particularly riding that Lammy around (if it were me, I'd remove most of the lights - always like 2 spots on the leg shields - and all of the mirrors but appreciate that it's a personal thing).

Incidentally, amazed that @BS4 on Tour... hasn't made a bid for your scoot.  He's been wanting one for years.

2 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

The most vintage I've had is a 70s Primavera with about 6 PXs too (including a 210 Malossi kitted one most recently).  The GTS is a real revelation: i always said that I'd "never go gay" (it's a scooter thing children...) but absolutely love the GTS.  Open her up on a motorway and you're grinning for hours. 

Live round the corner from Troddi Close although only moved here 16 years ago.  Have fun in Italy, particularly riding that Lammy around (if it were me, I'd remove most of the lights - always like 2 spots on the leg shields - and all of the mirrors but appreciate that it's a personal thing).

Incidentally, amazed that @BS4 on Tour... hasn't made a bid for your scoot.  He's been wanting one for years.

How do you know I haven't got one?! And you haven't answered my text about The Who!

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know I haven't got one?! And you haven't answered my text about The Who!

I'm sure I would have heard....and you're right about the Who text... I haven't answered it yet....

19 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

With approval from the moderators of this forum, a lot of OTIB members know that last year I restored an Italian 1966 Vespa 150 Sprint to commemorate City's JPT win and subsequent promotion to the Championship. Being retired, my daughter has asked my wife and I to come and live with them and our 4 grand-kids in Italy. Sadly all my collection of Lambretta's and Vespa's will be sold including the BCFC scooter. Rather than just advertising it and getting calls from City fans after it has gone, I am giving City fans the opportunity of buying a classic scooter dedicated to our club. If you are interested, please PM me and I will give you the details.

Photo0139.jpg

Photo0140.jpg

Photo0141.jpg

Photo0142.jpg

Photo0143.jpg

Photo0144.jpg

Photo0145.jpg

Photo0146.jpg

Photo0147.jpg

Looks fantastic. Would absolutely love this. Would really turn heads where I live 200 yds away from the county ground in Swindon. 

Archived