IGNORED

I know he divides opinion but...

Red Skin

Meh, if he thought less of himself and had some humility he'd be great. As it is I can find myself agreeing with much of what he says, but he's a typical case of the >10% of horse**** and bravado letting down the rest of the character. To be honest though I don't think he'd have been half the captain and player he was if he was more affable. 

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I know people use it and I even looked up what it was supposed to express, still not convinced anyone would or should want to use such a soulless expression? Surely we have enough in the English Language to turn to without resorting to this feeble, dull, and totally without meaning excuse for anything. You even quoted Oxford English, so why if you take the trouble to look up Oxford English, and the fact that you are aware of such a publication would you then think it would be OK to use it, and along with omfg!!  I understand you are not a teenager, so why do it!!

meh carries a great deal of meaning and is really just a verbal replacement for a shrug of the shoulders when said shrug doesn't work on a medium such as this. I like it :)

22 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I know people use it and I even looked up what it was supposed to express, still not convinced anyone would or should want to use such a soulless expression? Surely we have enough in the English Language to turn to without resorting to this feeble, dull, and totally without meaning excuse for anything. You even quoted Oxford English, so why if you take the trouble to look up Oxford English, and the fact that you are aware of such a publication would you then think it would be OK to use it, and along with omfg!!  I understand you are not a teenager, so why do it!!

Because it's succinct, to the point, generally understood, and perfectly reasonable for the medium on which it was written. Brevity is a virtue; rather 'meh' than "I'm indifferent to the man".

I didn't take the trouble, I can remember it's addition and it being deemed newsworthy by some oversensitive souls, much the same when "Facepalm" was added.

"omfg" and "totes legit" were tongue in cheek of course.

29 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Cheating player and an arrogant, egotistical man. 

More bleurgh than meh from me. 

I'm completely indifferent to Roy Keane both as a player and now. That said he does say it as it is and that's an admirable quality in anyone. The problem with him is that he says the right thing but at the wrong time....

The uproar he caused when in McCarthys World Cup Irish squad was completely justified. The training pitches were of poor quality, the training balls ad kit didn't arrive. The IFA officials flew out in business class but the players went in economy........no wonder he kicked off. 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm completely indifferent to Roy Keane both as a player and now. That said he does say it as it is and that's an admirable quality in anyone. The problem with him is that he says the right thing but at the wrong time....

The uproar he caused when in McCarthys World Cup Irish squad was completely justified. The training pitches were of poor quality, the training balls ad kit didn't arrive. The IFA officials flew out in business class but the players went in economy........no wonder he kicked off. 

Fail To Prepare - Prepare To Fail

59 minutes ago, 29AR said:

rather 'meh' than "I'm indifferent to the man".

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm completely indifferent meh to Roy Keane both as a player and now.

I'm in shock that a word made up on The Simpsons, that isn't even a catchphrase of any character, has managed to have its own debate. (Yes, The Simpsons are credited with popularising "meh".)

Actually, now I think of it, I'm not surprised, this is OTIB after all.

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

I'm in shock that a word made up on The Simpsons, that isn't even a catchphrase of any character, has managed to have its own debate. (Yes, The Simpsons are credited with popularising "meh".)

Actually, now I think of it, I'm not surprised, this is OTIB after all.

And when the Simpsons uses Unan, we've gone full circle.

Archived