IGNORED

stripes on the back of football shirts to be banned from 2016/17

12 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

There has been a non-enforceable recommendation on this for a while. Some clubs stopped having stripes on the back of shirts a couple of years ago 

2 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

Glad to see UEFA have their finger on the pulse of the really important matters .

Are you suggesting that it's not important for those following/watching  the game to be able to see the players numbers clearly?    :dunno:

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Are you suggesting that it's not important for those following/watching  the game to be able to see the players numbers clearly?    :dunno:

They are clear enough as it is. If anything major happened that required further disciplinary action after the game, I'm pretty sure TV would help.

2 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

They are clear enough as it is. If anything major happened that required further disciplinary action after the game, I'm pretty sure TV would help.

Because I watch City live and they obviously don't have stripes it's not easy to comment on the visibility of numbers on striped shirts. That said for UEFA must have had complaints from officials regarding the mater and UEFA has subsequently issued guidelines.

Remember that UEFA covers the whole of European football, not just us and I have no idea how numbers show on stripped shirts in others countries. Do you?

7 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The disgrace at the last world cup of brazil in yellow and white instead of yellow and blue. Why?

"block colours"

FIFA made a recommendation that kits either be all bright or all dark colours.  

Wasn't forced so Brazil did have a choice in the matter.

10 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The disgrace at the last world cup of brazil in yellow and white instead of yellow and blue. Why?

You need to get yourself a new telly mate. Or call Radio Rentals to fix the picture res.

As for this other stripey nonsense from UEFA; this is exactly why we must all vote for Brexit. People from Brussels or Geneva meddling with our stuff. Total nonsense and has to stop.

7 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Do what they do in the NFL and have a flat colour kit for home games and a flat white kit for away games. No clashes then. Get rid of stripes.

Easy for us to say when we support a team that wears a flat colour kit but I`d be a tad upset if I was a fan of someone like Exeter. 

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Easy for us to say when we support a team that wears a flat colour kit but I`d be a tad upset if I was a fan of someone like Exeter. 

Let them have pin stripes like Southampton did a couple of years ago.

13 hours ago, reddevon said:

Another reason for me to vote Brexit - them bloody europeans making up our laws!!!!:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, havanatopia said:

As for this other stripey nonsense from UEFA; this is exactly why we must all vote for Brexit. 

I don't get why people keep banging on about voting for Brexit.

After what he did in Norway, I would have thought he would be the last person we should be voting for.

IMG_20160601_065738.JPG

4 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I don't want to hear about their sexual peccadilloes!

Peccadilloes? Aren't they those little armoured hedgehogs from South America? Never thought of them being particularly sexual, though :noexp:

5 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

I don't get why people keep banging on about voting for Brexit.

After what he did in Norway, I would have thought he would be the last person we should be voting for.

IMG_20160601_065738.JPG

So voting for Brexit is notionally extreme right wing? If u r for Bremain should you be now labelled a communist? I think we all know the answer to that. In short, don't be so ridiculously condescending to those who want out.

And no, you were not being flippant we know.

On 3 June 2016 at 12:44, Miahdennehy said:

They're bloody impossible on some kits. QPR and Reading in particular.

Archived