IGNORED

2017 Scotland

22A

I just caught then end of a news story; can someone confirm or deny what I THINK I heard please?

"From 2017 onwards Scottish Premiership clubs will be allowed to play their Under 21 team in the Scottish Championship".

If this is true, how will that division accommodate the extra teams?

Just found this hidden away concerning England;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/19/premier-league-in-negotiations-for-under-21-teams-to-enter-johns/

The Premier League are in negotiations to introduce up to 16 of their clubs’ Under-21s teams into the Football League’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy next season, as a means of giving academy-produced players a taste of real competitive football. The Football League would permit the entry of the clubs in return for a payment towards the youth and development programmes of the 48 League One and League Two clubs to compensate them for the potential loss of missing out on a Wembley final.

18 minutes ago, 22A said:

Just found this hidden away concerning England;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/19/premier-league-in-negotiations-for-under-21-teams-to-enter-johns/

The Premier League are in negotiations to introduce up to 16 of their clubs’ Under-21s teams into the Football League’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy next season, as a means of giving academy-produced players a taste of real competitive football. The Football League would permit the entry of the clubs in return for a payment towards the youth and development programmes of the 48 League One and League Two clubs to compensate them for the potential loss of missing out on a Wembley final.

Unbelievable really! 

Yep.  Was listening to Stuart Pearce a few months ago, and he said if the loan system was more flexible, young players would get more opportunity to play competitive football.

He mentioned Sturridge when he was manager of him at Man City.  He couldn't guarantee him a place every game in the 18 match day squad, but couldn't let him go out on loan, as if he got an injury he couldn't recall him quick enough.

Why not introduce the option of a short term recall clause, to allow clubs to take more players, but also protect the parent club.  

I would ban loans within division - that is farcical.

Archived