IGNORED

Stockhausen Syndrome

Silvio Dante

22 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Andy's been writing a piece on the transfer window. Actually quite good and gives some insight into the current/past relationship with club but one phrase sticks out: 

Touchy!

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-blog-Andy-Stockhausen-reveals-truth/story-29384708-detail/story.html

image.jpeg

IMO, Andy Stockhausen does a relatively good job and the very fact that he is so oft mentioned on these pages indicates that love him or loathe him- he is at least being read by most.

I would be relatively shocked if he hadn't all but admitted to regularly reading OTIB as although peppered with us fruitcakes, it is a useful source for him to gauge the feeling of all things BCFC as well as picking up snippets of new information from posters who occasionally gain access to information.

I also think some of his articles are well written and well thought out.

However, some of his page fillers are just plain ridiculous even divisive particularly the one's that include a vote or poll. I cannot believe that he could ever give credence   to any poll voted on by readers of the BEP. Many of whom will be readers who have little or no connection with BCFC or possibly even from the dark side. How can that possibly be representative of what us real fans believe?

Andy, try doing this poll:

" Should brfc be closed down and it's fan base sent to the colonies?" and I think you'd get a good representative opinion.

25 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

IMO, Andy Stockhausen does a relatively good job and the very fact that he is so oft mentioned on these pages indicates that love him or loathe him- he is at least being read by most.

I would be relatively shocked if he hadn't all but admitted to regularly reading OTIB as although peppered with us fruitcakes, it is a useful source for him to gauge the feeling of all things BCFC as well as picking up snippets of new information from posters who occasionally gain access to information.

However, some of his page fillers are just plain ridiculous even divisive particularly the one's that include a vote or poll. I cannot believe that he could ever give credence   to any poll voted on by readers of the BEP. Many of whom will be readers who have little or no connection with BCFC or possibly even from the dark side. How can that possibly be representative of what us real fans believe?

" Should brfc be closed down and it's fan base sent to the colonies?" and I think you'd get a good representative opinion.

oh…:sad26:

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The polls are hilarious , a dozen people vote and the result announced is something like " 80% of City fans think ... "

Has no one else noticed that in this article, Stockhausen says;

I recall one occasion when the media were invited to City's Failand training ground to interview the manager in July last year. There was no mention that the club had just completed the signing of Ryan Fredericks from Tottenham until we were all in our cars and heading back to our respective places of work.

... yet we signed Ryan Fredericks on 6 August, with very little forewarning anywhere, from what I remember.  Certainly wasn't aware at least a week prior.

So, unless he's saying he found out well prior to the fact, and kept quiet (which is clearly not what is implied), then doesn't bode well that he can't even fact check/research signings that have already happened, let alone new ones.

I've no personal animosity towards him, but that is just sloppy work, and not the first time.  

On 10 June 2016 at 10:52, Silvio Dante said:

Andy's been writing a piece on the transfer window. Actually quite good and gives some insight into the current/past relationship with club but one phrase sticks out: 

Touchy!

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-blog-Andy-Stockhausen-reveals-truth/story-29384708-detail/story.html

image.jpeg

I'm sure given opportunity AS could be a great journalist but you have to sympathise with him. It must be incredibly difficult to maintain a relationship with the club whilst writing news worthy pieces. You get the feeling that he has to run past the club first any soon to be published piece just in case they aren't happy with it. He may as well get Bristol sport to proof read everything in advance?! It's s sorry place to be in journalism if you can't write what the readers and fans want to know for fear of rocking the boat and the club (as punishment) not giving you any information for any future news? 

Archived