IGNORED

Stockhausen Syndrome

Silvio Dante

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Was it also the Kodjia deal 'no deals expected' goes away next day Kodjia signed...

but decent read none the less, probably a good stance for LJ and Ashton to take.

no I think it was ayling and freeman,

He tweeted that he was going on holiday as city were not signing anyone and we signed 3 about an hour later,

Its not his content I can't stand, its his shit spreading and actively trying to put a bigger wedge between the fans and the club

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So he knows no more than the rest of us, but he does a bit more research.

Oh, and Cotts was, as expected, difficult.

He does contact other journalists who , I presume, have the same problems .

Contacts at the club who dare n't blow their cover and OTIB .

Now I really feel sorry for the bloke .

He could start by being a bit more rigorous  in checking his copy , he loses all credibility when he can't get simple facts like a person's name or club right .

Anyway , well done for the article Andy , now we have proof that you stalk our forum . 

:read:

The whole thing read like a load of pretentious garbage about how everyone else is a cynic, he doesn't get exclusives on a plate, and how he can't cope with being called out for regularly having absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

But beyond that it was a great read.

What I find it incredible is that the local newspaper would employ a journalist and claim him to be BCFC's correspondent and the guy virtually admits that he knows no more than the rest of us about what is going on, it is obvious and has been for some time that probably because of some of his more derogatory pieces about BCFC that the club keep him at arms length, which ultimately means BCFC fans who subscribe to the post are being short changed, his obvious dig at this forum is a strange one considering he uses almost word for word a lot of the rumours posted on here, his output would be even less without it's existence.

I am proud that no one on this thread has brought up drink driving.

It's great that we are big enough to move on and let the whole drink driving thing go.

He has served his ban for drink driving and as such, there is simply no reason to mention drink driving again.

There is part of me that wonders how much effort a journo has to put in the command a decent living.

I know for fact that if they are doing a story or even a match report, they are in effect writing it once and distributing to many agencies and being paid per Agency.  Sometimes they might have to tweak it here or there to fit the recipient...but the core effort isn't duplicated.  I believe AS works in that way too.....the joy of being freelance too.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There is part of me that wonders how much effort a journo has to put in the command a decent living.

I know for fact that if they are doing a story or even a match report, they are in effect writing it once and distributing to many agencies and being paid per Agency.  Sometimes they might have to tweak it here or there to fit the recipient...but the core effort isn't duplicated.  I believe AS works in that way too.....the joy of being freelance too.

He categorically doesn't.

That blog is a decent read and he has contacts within the press fraternity who share information with each other. Obviously that puts him far closer to actually what is happening at AG than us non journos but as he says some you win and some you lose.

Slagging him off on here is a popular pastime and for him to acknowledge  that (without actually naming us) is worth a round of applause.........:clapping:

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That blog is a decent read and he has contacts within the press fraternity who share information with each other. Obviously that puts him far closer to actually what is happening at AG than us non journos but as he says some you win and some you lose.

Slagging him off on here is a popular pastime and for him to acknowledge  that (without actually naming us) is worth a round of applause.........:clapping:

Part of his job of being BCFC correspondent on a local rag means fostering good relations, however he chose to go down a confrontational route for some unknown reason, perhaps he thought that that sort of reputation might get a spot on the 'majors' and now he is quite obviously kept at arms length.

I know that we live in a different world but surely for a local rag somebody like Peter Godsiff should be the template?.

PS:- You can applaud him all you like.

I have far more time for AS than I do for those who take every opportunity they find to knock him.

I saw a tweet earlier today calling him out for having said a few days ago that there was no evidence linking City with O'Neill. Well, firstly things can change and can change quickly, so it's perfectly possible that City were not after him, then some chance event or meeting caused it to become a possibility which moved forward quickly as both parties were interested. Secondly the club has got much better at keeping deals secret, as they really needed to do. All AS can do is report on what the club tells him and if the club tells him no, then a few days later it happens, what's he to do? The alternative is to go purely on speculation and if he does that then he's of no more value than the supposed ITKs on here.

5 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I have far more time for AS than I do for those who take every opportunity they find to knock him.

I saw a tweet earlier today calling him out for having said a few days ago that there was no evidence linking City with O'Neill. Well, firstly things can change and can change quickly, so it's perfectly possible that City were not after him, then some chance event or meeting caused it to become a possibility which moved forward quickly as both parties were interested. Secondly the club has got much better at keeping deals secret, as they really needed to do. All AS can do is report on what the club tells him and if the club tells him no, then a few days later it happens, what's he to do? The alternative is to go purely on speculation and if he does that then he's of no more value than the supposed ITKs on here.

Fool us once, shame on him. Fool us twice, shame on us. It's not like this is a one-off Dan, remember Baker going to West Brom about six hours before he was pictured in a Bristol City shirt? Hell of a 'chance meeting' to get that change of heart so quickly.

There are still journalists around who do get exclusives and don't constantly have to take swipes at everyone, and unfortunately they don't cover Bristol City.

Interesting insight into his relationship with SC.

No doubt had all of the deals gone smoothly then it wouldn't have been so bad.

I think it's such a shame that MA wasn't at the club this time last year. Can't help but wonder if things would have been different.

16 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I appreciate its a tough job but a journalist is only as good as his contacts and relationships with those contacts. 

AS seems to have zero of any use to make him a good journalist. 

5 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Was John Terry there?

And David May

Surprises me that he never gets brought up in this type of conversation, I'm not the only one who remembers he spent more time on the pitch celebrating the Euro Cup final win vs Bayern than he did in the entire season, am I!?

But, as it's John Terry, and no one likes John Terry, I'm happy that he's now taken over the mantle

And while I'm at it, it's the players who turn their shirts round to show their name & number off after finals / big games....think Marcelo done it after the Euro Cup final the other week. One of the most recognisable players in the world, why would he feel the need to do that?

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I appreciate its a tough job but a journalist is only as good as his contacts and relationships with those contacts. 

AS seems to have zero of any use to make him a good journalist. 

It's not a tough job and maybe he's not the best in the business but I don't see why some people feel the need to snipe at him constantly. His stuff is available for free on the website so it's not like they're even paying to read it. It's information and it's slightly more credible than most of the speculation out there. Read it or don't read it and leave it at that.

If you want to read a better journalist then nobody's stopping you. If better journalists aren't covering Bristol City then that's not Andy Stockhausen's fault. He works for a backwater paper in a backwater town covering a lower league football team. Fix that and the coverage might improve.

7 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

It's not a tough job and maybe he's not the best in the business but I don't see why some people feel the need to snipe at him constantly. His stuff is available for free on the website so it's not like they're even paying to read it. It's information and it's slightly more credible than most of the speculation out there. Read it or don't read it and leave it at that.

If you want to read a better journalist then nobody's stopping you. If better journalists aren't covering Bristol City then that's not Andy Stockhausen's fault. He works for a backwater paper in a backwater town covering a lower league football team. Fix that and the coverage might improve.

This is a slightly bizarre defence to say it's not Stockhausen's fault we don't have a better journalist covering City. Now aside from his bosses, who can employ who they see fit, is he not the man most directly responsible for the quality produced about City? It doesn't even make sense.

This is hardly a backwater town, there are reporters covering teams who just got relegated from League 2.

7 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

This is a slightly bizarre defence to say it's not Stockhausen's fault we don't have a better journalist covering City. Now aside from his bosses, who can employ who they see fit, is he not the man most directly responsible for the quality produced about City? It doesn't even make sense.

This is hardly a backwater town, there are reporters covering teams who just got relegated from League 2.

I presume you're also the sort of person who will boo Luke Freeman because he has the audacity to not be as good as Lionel Messi?

If you want better journalism then there is nothing at all stopping you from making it happen. Set up a paper or a website. Hire good journalists with good contacts. Charge for access and / or run adverts. If it's good enough you'll make a profit.

Alternatively, just continue reading the free content provided by the Post and criticising it, moaning that you deserve better because someone else does.

2 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I presume you're also the sort of person who will boo Luke Freeman because he has the audacity to not be as good as Lionel Messi?

If you want better journalism then there is nothing at all stopping you from making it happen. Set up a paper or a website. Hire good journalists with good contacts. Charge for access and / or run adverts. If it's good enough you'll make a profit.

Alternatively, just continue reading the free content provided by the Post and criticising it, moaning that you deserve better because someone else does.

No, I previously worked in journalism and know when someone is being an apologist. I am now in another career where I get paid for doing a good job. Mr Stockhausen gets paid for not doing so, as many people have pointed out. It's very simple.

Doesn't deserve anywhere near the abuse he gets.  Misses things, gets things wrong, but in my opinion is fundamentally honest and well-meaning in what he reports.  If he has no reason to believe a rumour, he'll say so - doesn't mean there won't turn out to be some truth in it.  Likewise if he has reason to believe we are close to signing someone, he'll say so - but it doesn't mean we will.  I've always found him to be thoroughly decent in my occasional interactions with him on twitter too.

I'd take Stockhausen over some tabloid journalist making up stories on the hoof.

Archived