IGNORED

Danny Rose

Charlie BCFC

5 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

With the exception of El-Abd I thought he was the worst player that's played for Bristol City in the last 10 years. Since he's came back to Tottenham he's now a regular starter and also a regular starter for England.

You must have a pretty bad memory then... 

He was poor for us IMO he was not as bad as the OP thinks but he wasnt good.

glad to see him doing well. im sure coming here gave him the kick he needed to push on.

Compare him to Caulker and you can clearly see who made the bad decisions off the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Just Brett said:

Wouldn't go as far to say he was the worst player to play for us in 10 years. That's just ridiculous. Looked good last night and glad to see him doing well! We'll take full credit for that. 

We'll take full credit.  Your joking, right?

Rose was worse than average for us but that wasn't to do with his ability, it was easy to see when he was with us he was technically very good. His problem while with us was his attitude, it seemed like he didn't want to be here unlike Caulker who seemed immense all round.

Funny that if you was to choose 1 of those 2 players to make it to the Euro's and to be a England regular i am sure 99% of us would of chose Caulker.

Very impressed with Rose he looks to be a very good modern day full back, same applies to Walker.

4 hours ago, yardy said:

Rose was worse than average for us but that wasn't to do with his ability, it was easy to see when he was with us he was technically very good. His problem while with us was his attitude, it seemed like he didn't want to be here unlike Caulker who seemed immense all round.

Funny that if you was to choose 1 of those 2 players to make it to the Euro's and to be a England regular i am sure 99% of us would of chose Caulker.

Very impressed with Rose he looks to be a very good modern day full back, same applies to Walker.

Exactly right. Rose was so disappointing for us because he could have been so good, but his ego didn't allow that to happen. He's not a player I'll ever warm to as a result. 

3 hours ago, Flint says No said:

I have to say I think Clyne should start over Walker for the Wales game because Walker will get wrecked by Bale

England were playing of course I did!

Walkers played with Bale and will know him well. For that reason alone he should start

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Walkers played with Bale and will know him well. For that reason alone he should start

Walker also played his way in to being a starter after his performance last night. With the added protection Dier gives to drop in to CB and allow Cahill or Smalling to challenge Bale if/when walker is caught upfield, I wouldn't advocate changing. 

Wales are a one-man team too. If Dier dropping in and one of Cahill and Smalling can't deal with Robson-Kanu, Ramsey (who was shocking yesterday) or Vokes/church :blink:, then the end (negative) result would be justified. 

5 hours ago, 29AR said:

Exactly right. Rose was so disappointing for us because he could have been so good, but his ego didn't allow that to happen. He's not a player I'll ever warm to as a resuIt.

Is that opinion based on anything other than how you perceived his demeanour whilst here?

Rose wasnt a regular with spurs back then, hence the loan move. I find it hard to believe a young player trying to force their way into a top side will do anything but try their best. Also, if you were to drop down a division, would you not want to show all your fellow pros what you're about...

Maybe it just didn't happen for him for any number of other reasons - perhaps unhappiness here being one (which is something different to ego), or maybe...you are infact correct!

Archived