IGNORED

Average League position for last 50 years

ashton_fan

According to this table, our average league position over the last 50 years is 41.94 which equates to near the bottom of the Championship, that reflects how we've spent most of our years either trying to get promotion from L1 or trying to stay in the Championship. Rovers are 57.5 which puts them in the lower reaches of L1. 

http://www.gillingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=449585

Very interesting. And if you did one for average support over that time, I reckon, broadly speaking, we would be pretty much the same in that "table," with just about all the (more successful) clubs above us better supported, and just about all the (less successful) clubs below us not as well supported as us. Any coincidence?

With the ground now developed, and income increased, now is the time for us to improve on that average position. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Have you just calculated that on a 24 team a Premier League? :P

That might be our best hope! :whistle:

I like @Jack Dawe correlation to attendances.

No, we are 37th in the list (avg is 42) so calculated on the basis of 20 in the Prem.

Data analysis not your strong point Dave? You'll never make it as a business analyst!!!!!

This can't right, the Rovers are behind Oxford and Swindon, shome mishtake shurely?

I am also interested to see that they are only just behind Swansea, this is more a reflection of how much Swansea are punching above their weight these days. perhaps the Swansea fans should be shown this table every time they moan that their Manager has only taken them to halfway up the Premier league!!

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

ha ha.....so from what's been written (by you and the OP - I haven't read the link_ is that our average league finish is 41.94, but that we are the 37th team in order of average position.  

[reveal yourself now @Scrumpty you cheeky blighter...or by DM] :P 

That's right Dave, got there in the end.

I couldn't possibly expose myself in public old chap

Archived