IGNORED

Johnson's comments

daored

Interesting article with Johnson in the post today, with several good points made.

Firstly we can't compete with ex premiership clubs with their budgets

We don't need to move anyone on, to bring players in, so are at an advantage against other championship clubs

We need to be smarter with our targets and wants to get business done

Transfers will be done privately and makes a comment about agents

Hard to argue with any of the points he makes. Hopefully will have the majority of our targets in place in time for one season - whoever they may be!

15 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Sounds exactly what was said last pre-season.

Let's hope for a better summer.

I pretty sure we didn't say that last season,

i recall us being told that our dealings would be towards the end of the window 

54 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

As long as I don't have to wipe your arse, I'm happy to help. ;)

You need to be on the OTIB Care Home section.

8 hours ago, daored said:

Interesting article with Johnson in the post today, with several good points made.

We don't need to move anyone on, to bring players in, so are at an advantage against other championship clubs

Hard to argue with any of the points he makes. Hopefully will have the majority of our targets in place in time for one season - whoever they may be!

So we should all be aware that when we read about fees etc ( like the supposed £9 million bids last season) it's all coming from the agent or selling club.

Website confirms he is surprised at the finances involved with new signings...

Surely it cant be a shock seeing as that was coming out of the club a year ago? It also makes a mockery of the stuff about us being the next big thing, and people taking note of us that ashton was coming out with. For the first time this is a mistake from lj, it makes him look a bit stupid admitting that. Even if its something he thinks he should have kept it to himself, did he expect top championship players begging to sign for us on 1k a week??

I'm a bit shocked too....but trying to put some + spin on it....is he trying to lower media and agent expectations of what City can pay.  It has started to get a little out of hand, that we are being linked with everyone, e.g. £8m Grabban (OK, £8m was what was paid in winter, but you get my point).  Agents must be flocking, and the £ signs must be flashing in fromt of their eyes, cartoon style.

I really hope this is LJ just using the media to lower expectations.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I'm a bit shocked too....but trying to put some + spin on it....is he trying to lower media and agent expectations of what City can pay.  It has started to get a little out of hand, that we are being linked with everyone, e.g. £8m Grabban (OK, £8m was what was paid in winter, but you get my point).  Agents must be flocking, and the £ signs must be flashing in fromt of their eyes, cartoon style.

Flocking agents .

2 hours ago, simon uk said:

Website confirms he is surprised at the finances involved with new signings...

Surely it cant be a shock seeing as that was coming out of the club a year ago? It also makes a mockery of the stuff about us being the next big thing, and people taking note of us that ashton was coming out with. For the first time this is a mistake from lj, it makes him look a bit stupid admitting that. Even if its something he thinks he should have kept it to himself, did he expect top championship players begging to sign for us on 1k a week??

I agree - and given we've already made a couple of signings, including the excellent business done in getting O'Neil, all while there's been very little activity elsewhere in our league, I'm not sure it's something he even really needed to say.

An odd one. There's surely more to it?

2 hours ago, simon uk said:

I agree it shouldn't be a shock to the club, as you say it was a shock last year - it shouldn't be a shock this year and LJ should have been briefed on the prices that shocked the club last season. Not sure anyone has said anything about us being the next big thing - all I hear is that we will be competitive and sustainable (hardly big spenders) with the idea of trying to go up (but who in this league isn't trying to get to the prem).

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Really hope you're right. 

LJ often mentions his numerous connections and the lofty types he has sought counsel from. Combined with the fact he's played in this league fairly recently, no doubt had an agent and must be tight with at least a few Championship/Prem players then how the hell can he be surprised by any parties demands/prices?

I'm a LJ fan but this has left me slightly bamboozled

23 hours ago, daored said:

I made this point at the start of the summer, the fact that we don't have ditch expensive failures (with the possible exception of El Abd) is a big advantage. I am sure a lot of time, energy and money in terms of pay up contracts has been wasted on this over the years. Even the average age of the squad is where he would probably like it.

23 hours ago, daored said:

All this was in his 'big interview' on Player a few weeks ago, the Post obviously short of stories with no new signings this week.

15 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Really hope you're right. 

LJ often mentions his numerous connections and the lofty types he has sought counsel from. Combined with the fact he's played in this league fairly recently, no doubt had an agent and must be tight with at least a few Championship/Prem players then how the hell can he be surprised by any parties demands/prices?

I'm a LJ fan but this has left me slightly bamboozled

when johnson was playing in this league 2 million was considered expensive, its now considered cheap

Archived