IGNORED

City in the community

Bs4Red

Great to see the players taking time out of their holidays to be part of interacting with the community. Bobby Reid took Parson St on a tour of the stadium today and other players have been doing their recently too! 

Too my knowledge we are by far and away one of the best clubs for community based interaction. Through the club and the trust. Great stuff 

• Admin

4 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Too my knowledge we are by far and away one of the best clubs for community based interaction. Through the club and the trust. Great stuff 

Interesting to read as last summer there were many that were not that happy with what the trust was doing - so maybe things improving for the better?

Personally I have no idea what any other club does so couldn't comment about that

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting to read as last summer there were many that were not that happy with what the trust was doing - so maybe things improving for the better?

Personally I have no idea what any other club does so couldn't comment about that

The trust has been a big part of my education and things so I guess I'm biased and I come across a lot of other people from different clubs who say they do nothing for the community so it can only be positive. I think some people don't understand what the trust actually do and therefore don't like it 

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 14:14, Bs4Red said:

Great to see the players taking time out of their holidays to be part of interacting with the community. Bobby Reid took Parson St on a tour of the stadium today and other players have been doing their recently too! 

Do you know if the club has much involvement with local schools?  Be great if they could send a regular group of players around schools in South Bristol to meet and greet the future fans.

The Community Trust led by Amy Kington are doing fantastic work.  Its a million pound charity run on an entirely separate financial footing from the rest of the club.  I have had some dealings with the trust on a personal level with Amy and we are very lucky to have such a capable and dedicated woman heading up such a valuable facet of BCFC supported by a team of enthuastic and personable young adults representating our club in the community in developing training.  Great work.  :clap:

5 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

The Community Trust led by Amy Kington are doing fantastic work.  Its a million pound charity run on an entirely separate financial footing from the rest of the club.  I have had some dealings with the trust on a personal level with Amy and we are very lucky to have such a capable and dedicated woman heading up such a valuable facet of BCFC supported by a team of enthuastic and personable young adults representating our club in the community in developing training.  Great work.  :clap:

Have just finished studying there for the last two years where every single student is achieving above their target grades some by 4 or 5 levels. A very well run organisation thanks to Amy and her staff. The trust do the club proud.

13 hours ago, crusader said:

For me the project work they do is very good however they are not high profile enough.

Soccer schools like Swindons should have 120-150 kids not 15-20

Well the trust education programme is growing. It is 15-20 kids a classs but there are now roughly 150 students with the trust. I think this is the biggest education programme run by a football community trust in the UK.

Was odd with Amy Kington leaving the comm trust a few weeks back and no announcement anywhere - also with no online messages etc

Then today out of nowhere she is online starting her new business (which looks good) and all of a sudden everyone connected with Bristol Sport are "tweeting" her to wish her good luck

All very odd ???

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Was odd with Amy Kington leaving the comm trust a few weeks back and no announcement anywhere - also with no online messages etc

Then today out of nowhere she is online starting her new business (which looks good) and all of a sudden everyone connected with Bristol Sport are "tweeting" her to wish her good luck

All very odd ???

Not really. Someone leaves a job without any undue fuss, they then start a new job/role and former colleagues and friends wish them good luck.

Sounds fairly standard.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not really. Someone leaves a job without any undue fuss, they then start a new job/role and former colleagues and friends wish them good luck.

Sounds fairly standard.

Would have to disagree with you on this

For someone who did such great things for the community trust to not get a mention anywhere about her leaving was very strange and poor

And at the time for not one of her Bristol Sport colleagues to send her any "good luck" etc messages was odd - just even weirder that with her new project so many are crawling all over her twitter account

On 22/06/2016 at 14:21, Bs4Red said:

so I guess I'm biased and I come across a lot of other people from different clubs who say they do nothing for the community so it can only be positive. I think some people don't understand what the trust actually do and therefore don't like it 

The trust has been a big part of my education and things u say.....I'm not so sure!

Archived