IGNORED

Adele at "Glasto"

Port Said Red

16 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Bit harsh I think Coldplay get general good press. I think it's more trendy to dislike them. They aren't my cup of tea although don't mind listening to first two albums. Headlining 4 times seems a bit mad.

Elbow probably fair well because of the charm of Garvey.  Both bands do know how to work the Glastonbury crowd.  

That`s what I mean and it does annoy me (not that I really like Coldplay but can appreciate what they`ve achieved). Take 6 music for instance, they wouldn`t play a track by Coldplay if their lives depended on it but they would be fawning over anything by Elbow no matter how awful it was (the theme song to that Simon Pegg movie for instance). To my mind, there`s very little difference between the two - if I heard a new track and was told it was by one or the other I would seriously struggle to work out which one TBH.

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s what I mean and it does annoy me (not that I really like Coldplay but can appreciate what they`ve achieved). Take 6 music for instance, they wouldn`t play a track by Coldplay if their lives depended on it but they would be fawning over anything by Elbow no matter how awful it was (the theme song to that Simon Pegg movie for instance). To my mind, there`s very little difference between the two - if I heard a new track and was told it was by one or the other I would seriously struggle to work out which one TBH.

I agree with you but I wouldn't worry too much about Coldplay - they're mega-rich superstars. In a way, I think it's that that makes them less appealing to a 'cool' station like 6 Music. That and the fact that Chris Martin, for all his talent, has an air of the Bonos/Stings about him.

17 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Bit harsh I think Coldplay get general good press. I think it's more trendy to dislike them. They aren't my cup of tea although don't mind listening to first two albums. Headlining 4 times seems a bit mad.

Elbow probably fair well because of the charm of Garvey.  Both bands do know how to work the Glastonbury crowd.  

My take on it to. A few classic minor key pop songs, but I tuned out when they entered their anthemic Vida La Vida era. A lot of emoting about nothing.

I think why they've headlined four times is that Chris Martin is one of Emily Eavis's closest friends.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

My take on it to. A few classic minor key pop songs, but I tuned out when they entered their anthemic Vida La Vida era. A lot of emoting about nothing.

I think why they've headlined four times is that Chris Martin is one of Emily Eavis's closest friends.

How interesting. One of my favourite records.

Oh Well. Each to their own.

17 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think Coldplay are also one of just a select number of artists who can do the headline spot at Glastonbury justice.

Archived