IGNORED

City til I die

reddogkev

Feel like I'm finished with the English football team.  Just what the hell is the point of winning all these qualifying games just to continuously amount to nothing at the big matches?

Disgusted that our so-called top eleven couldn't deliver yet again.

The cure is pure and simple, just focus on the team we were born to support until the day are ticker stops beating....

Roll on the season and the big games August brings.

Onwards to the play offs (wild optimism) and cheering on the City once again....

I'm with you, just about finished with the overpaid show ponies who masquerade as the best eleven Englishman who can play football.

When we were struggling in the Championship last season we could at least be sure of two things: the Bristol City players cared and were trying their hearts out. That's good enough for me.

Looking forward to watching a committed bunch of guys fighting for our shirt, week in, week out once again.

Bring it on, can't wait...

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm with you, just about finished with the overpaid show ponies who masquerade as the best eleven Englishman who can play football.

When we were struggling in the Championship last season we could at least be sure of two things: the Bristol City players cared and were trying their hearts out. That's good enough for me.

Looking forward to watching a committed bunch of guys fighting for our shirt, week in, week out once again.

Bring it on, can't wait...

Yep, exactly right, last night I couldn't see any evidence of an England player trying to motivate the rest and fight for the victory.

If Flint was in that defence I'm sure he would've gave more than Smalling and Cahill combined.

We miss a Gerrard, Adams, Ince, Robson type of player to really pull the rest of the team up.

50 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hey, it's better than being in the quarter finals but being Welsh..!

Come on City! 

I really don't get this anti Welsh sentiment.

If you said " Hey, it's better than being in the quarter finals but being Muslim..!" or "Hey, it's better than being in the quarter finals but being Polish!.." then I suspect you may get into a bit of bovver.

Personally I think the Welsh have done brilliantly, done their country proud and have shown a sense of unity and determination us England fans can only dream of. I just believe that at the moment statements like this are not appropriate even when made in jest.

I really hope Wales go as far as they possibly can at the Euros and salvage a little pride for the UK- Lord knows we need some.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Yep, exactly right, last night I couldn't see any evidence of an England player trying to motivate the rest and fight for the victory.

If Flint was in that defence I'm sure he would've gave more than Smalling and Cahill combined.

We miss a Gerrard, Adams, Ince, Robson type of player to really pull the rest of the team up.

Yep - we didn't know/appreciate what we had with that 1990 squad until it was gone - Shilton, Robson, Platt, Waddle, Barnes, Gazza, Lineker, Pearce, Beardsley, Butcher, Wright, Parker...etc -leaders, warriors, fighters...all gone 

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep - we didn't know/appreciate what we had with that 1990 squad until it was gone - Shilton, Robson, Platt, Waddle, Barnes, Gazza, Lineker, Pearce, Beardsley, Butcher, Wright, Parker...etc -leaders, warriors, fighters...all gone 

Does make you wonder why we didn't win in 96.  We had a fantastic team with a deadly strike duo, were capable of beating Holland 4-1, and a manager we all supported in El Tel.

If only Gazza had been 5 inches taller, and Southgate had never stepped anywhere near that bloody penalty....

Anyway, back to City

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If you said " Hey, it's better than being in the quarter finals but being Muslim..!" or "Hey, it's better than being in the quarter finals but being Polish!.." then I suspect you may get into a bit of bovver.

Personally I think the Welsh have done brilliantly, done their country proud and have shown a sense of unity and determination us England fans can only dream of. I just believe that at the moment statements like this are not appropriate even when made in jest.

I really hope Wales go as far as they possibly can at the Euros and salvage a little pride for the UK- Lord knows we need some.

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am mine. 

I hope the Welsh go out ASAP. 

They are our local rivals, just as Bristol Rovers are and I hope both parties lose every game that they play in. 

I agree that it would be great if the England team displayed the same commitment to the cause as the Welsh players have shown, but that doesn't stop me wanting them to lose. 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Now that England are out I've lost all interest in the Euros. 

If I stumble across the football when I'm flicking channels I might watch long enough go to see who is playing who and then carrying on flicking channels.......

Does anything interest you?

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

For me John Terry being in that starting eleven alongside Cahill would have done us wonders. Oh well.

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Now that England are out I've lost all interest in the Euros. 

If I stumble across the football when I'm flicking channels I might watch long enough go to see who is playing who and then carrying on flicking channels.......

... Until you get to Babestation. Then it won't be the channels being flicked. 

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe because they're a local rival in terms of football, we don't wish Rovers and Cardiff well as clubs, nor Scotland as an international team so why would it be different for Wales? You may have seen their reaction (both players and fans) to our exit last night, doesn't need saying that they wouldn't be supporting us if the roles were reversed.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Maybe because they're a local rival in terms of football, we don't wish Rovers and Cardiff well as clubs, nor Scotland as an international team so why would it be different for Wales? You may have seen their reaction (both players and fans) to our exit last night, doesn't need saying that they wouldn't be supporting us if the roles were reversed.

Club football is tribal of course but I think supporting the one Nation in our Union that's still in the competition is not such a hard choice although up to the individual . Stating that it is better not to be in the quarter finals than to be Welsh does, imo, goes beyond mere football and, imo, is not helpful in the current climate.

Anyway, the OP stated CTID and Ive got to agree I've got more out of supporting City than ever I have supporting my Nation.

8 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Feel like I'm finished with the English football team.  Just what the hell is the point of winning all these qualifying games just to continuously amount to nothing at the big matches?

Disgusted that our so-called top eleven couldn't deliver yet again.

The cure is pure and simple, just focus on the team we were born to support until the day are ticker stops beating....

Roll on the season and the big games August brings.

Onwards to the play offs (wild optimism) and cheering on the City once again....

That's exactly what I said to my son last night,CTID.

Archived