IGNORED

Never forget your Welsh...

Jack Dawe

Your Welsh? You're Welsh? Your'e Welsh??

Don't be bitter tonight, support the Wellsh. Remember, we - Ingerlund - we are good at rugby (World Cup finals, WC win, beat South Hemisphere sides) and the Wellshh, they are good at football. That's where we're at in 2016. We can't be good at everything.

Imagine Wales progress tonight though? Achieve something (an overseas semi) the "Golden Generation" couldn't manage, something only our 1990 lot could manage. And Wales have got one and a half very good players at international level. 

Take a long hard look at yourselves, Football Association. Still, it is encouraging to hear today that the FA are now turning to the former England rugby head coach, Stuart Lancaster, to advise on appointing the next England football coach. That's something to cheer every England fan and put hope in our hearts tonight as we watch Wales in the Euro quarter bloody finals....

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have nothing but distain for the Welsh

It's City and (just about) England for me and nothing else

The tournament is over in my eyes no interest in anything that happens from now on in

Like it, mate. I can see you're distain for the Welshh their. And your not wrong. There buggers, them Taffs

I don't put the Taffs in the same category as the Jocks who clearly hate being associated with us in the main, and whether you like it or not we are close relatives , you only have to look in a Bristol phonebook to see that.but I can't bring myself to support them this time. I very very doubt though that the England squad would have been jumping with joy had the Welsh lost to Iceland, and I would also like someone other than France or Germany to win the tournament. Belgium has its own golden generation and I think it would be good for them (or Iceland) to ruffle some feathers.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

I don't put the Taffs in the same category as the Jocks who clearly hate being associated with us in the main, and whether you like it or not we are close relatives , you only have to look in a Bristol phonebook to see that.but I can't bring myself to support them this time. I very very doubt though that the England squad would have been jumping with joy had the Welsh lost to Iceland, and I would also like someone other than France or Germany to win the tournament. Belgium has its own golden generation and I think it would be good for them (or Iceland) to ruffle some feathers.

I would just like to put on record that despite the phone book listing me with my surname "Jones" I have no Welsh link, connection or blood whatsoever, at any point in the family history. 

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would just like to put on record that despite the phone book listing me with my surname "Jones" I have no Welsh link, connection or blood whatsoever, at any point in the family history. 

My surname also but please read below:

This famous surname, widespread throughout the British Isles, and the most popular surname in Wales, one in ten Welsh people being so-called, is nethertheless of English medieval origins. It derives either from the male given name John, or its female equivalent Joan, both Norman French introductions after the 1066 Invasion. Both names are written as Jon(e) in medieval documents, and a clear distinction between them on the grounds of gender was not made until the 15th Century. However, because western society has almost invariably had a male as family head throughout history, bearers of the surname Jones are more likely to derive it from a patronymic form of John, than a matronymic form of Joan. The personal name John, ultimately from the Hebrew "Yochanan" meaning "Jehovah has favoured (me with a son)", has always enjoyed enormous popularity in Europe, and particularly so after the famous Crusades of the 12th century. The name, which is found in some four hundred spellings, is in honour of St. John the Baptist, the precursor of Christ. The surname as "Jones", first appears on record in England in the latter part of the 13th Century, and also features as one of the most numerous settler names in Ireland, having been introduced in the wake of the Anglo- Norman Invasion of 1170. It is now found in every Irish county, especially in the larger towns, and has also been Gaelicized as "MacSeoin". The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Matilda Jones, which was dated 1273, in the "Hundred Rolls of Huntingdonshire", during the reign of King Edward 1st, known as "The Hammer of the Scots", reigned 1272 - 1307.

I used to support the home nations but seen so many of their supporters wanting us to lose, the home nations players cheering when we lose, even SNP mp's in Parliament bar cheering when England were losing against Iceland. They always say it's just in jest - so in jest I say frack off and COME ON BELGIUM !!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Your Welsh? You're Welsh? Your'e Welsh??

Don't be bitter tonight, support the Wellsh. Remember, we - Ingerlund - we are good at rugby (World Cup finals, WC win, beat South Hemisphere sides) and the Wellshh, they are good at football. That's where we're at in 2016. We can't be good at everything.

Imagine Wales progress tonight though? Achieve something (an overseas semi) the "Golden Generation" couldn't manage, something only our 1990 lot could manage. And Wales have got one and a half very good players at international level. 

Take a long hard look at yourselves, Football Association. Still, it is encouraging to hear today that the FA are now turning to the former England rugby head coach, Stuart Lancaster, to advise on appointing the next England football coach. That's something to cheer every England fan and put hope in our hearts tonight as we watch Wales in the Euro quarter bloody finals....

Our 1996 lot managed it too and went out the same way to the same opponents as 1990.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If they hadn't gone all Swindon after the Iceland game id probably find it in my heart to root for them. 

But now, **** em!

We went all Swindon after we beat them!

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Bit different. Really can't imagine the England team releasing a video of them celebrating like they'd won the tournament if Wales went out before them!

Don't have a problem with it, they taking the piss out of us no more than we deserved really, especially after the OTT celebrations are we beat them.

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Don't have a problem with it, they taking the piss out of us no more than we deserved really, especially after the OTT celebrations are we beat them.

Did we really over celebrate, having just win a derby game in stoppage time? If every Wales press conference wasn't about England I'd be more inclined to cheer them on. Seems they're enjoying our failure more than their own success. 

Reminds me of another minority with an obsession north of the river!

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Did we really over celebrate, having just win a derby game in stoppage time? If every Wales press conference wasn't about England I'd be more inclined to cheer them on. Seems they're enjoying our failure more than their own success. 

Reminds me of another minority with an obsession north of the river!

I thought we did, tbh not really bothered who wins this tournament now, hopefully will see some good games looking forward to Germany and Italy.

Archived